Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Any CW45/P45 owners interested in a flush fit magazine option?
    The base mag is less expensive than Kahr OEM magazines, but it's very good quality. The magazine will require some modifications, but they can be done with a file or Dremel tool.
    It works flawlessly for me as a 6 round magazine (using a Kahr follower and spring) with proper "lock back" function: YouTube - Kahr CW45: flush fit, six round magazine.
    It will work as a 7 round magazine (using the follower and spring that comes in it), but will not lock the slide back. Regardless of this, I think it very usable: especially if you carry without a spare mag: YouTube - Kahr CW45: flush fit 7 round magazine.

Note: Though I prefer using the Kahr follower and spring, camsden1 reports this mod can be done to a Mec-Gar 6rd. Officer's magazine (MGCO4506) to include locking back with the Mec-Gar components (follower and spring) installed.

Again, this is how I did it, not a "how to": proceed with any modifications at your own risk.

Here's a comparison shot:

Mec-Gar magazine on the left (note style of follower);

My apologies for the corny videos

NOTE to
    P45 owners: magazines may fit closer to the bottom of the frame in your guns than it does in the CW45. I don't have a p45 to confirm this, but it certainly appears so in LSP972's post: http://kahrtalk.com/showpost.php?p=58903&postcount=94

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 11-14-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added comparison photo