Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

This is a follow up post related to this mod. I made three mags for my CW45 using the mecgar mags. Initially they fed and fired fine, but would not lock back the slide after the last round. After starting to have the same issue with my kahr mags, I went and got a size 6 torx screwdriver and tightened the slide lock lever spring. Now they all lock back the slide after the last round. Thought this might be helpful info for someone with the same issue.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

The Winchester whitebox 230gr FMJs with their flat point have had problems with the steep feed ramp on the Kahr. I'm guessing round nose FMJs work better and hollow points with a smaller opening as well.

Not wanting to piece meal and build a flush fit mag has anyone had any luck with the 7rd Wilson officers model mags with some modification?

Quote Originally Posted by newCW45guy View Post
    The Winchester whitebox 230gr FMJs with their flat point have had problems with the steep feed ramp on the Kahr. I'm guessing round nose FMJs work better and hollow points with a smaller opening as well.

Not wanting to piece meal and build a flush fit mag has anyone had any luck with the 7rd Wilson officers model mags with some modification?
    I have a 1911 Service Mag Plus, .45 ACP, Compact, 6 Round, Stainless coming tomorrow. I will let everyone know how well it works.

Well, back to the drawing board. I converted two Metalform mags to use in my CW45. They hand cycled fine, but when I got to the range they wouldn't feed. Maybe I need to take just a little more off of the exttractor side of the mag, but I'm worried about getting into the feed lips. On the other hand, I took a nondescript government Model mag that I had, and it worked fine with no mods at all. Go figure.

Forgot to ask, what defensive ammo are you running in your CW45s? I tried Hornady TAP, and it wouldn't feed. It could get pretty expensive trying different loads, but I'm thinking something with a more rounded ogive. Any thoughts?

I use Speer Gold Dot or Federal Hydra-Shok 230gr. loads.

Thanks. The TAP loads I tried hung up on the nose cavity. Those two should work well.

Moved to other thread

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    ....Forgot to ask, what defensive ammo are you running in your CW45s? I tried Hornady TAP, and it wouldn't feed. It could get pretty expensive trying different loads, but I'm thinking something with a more rounded ogive. Any thoughts?
    I have had problems with all of Hornady's 45ACP ammo in my Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    Thanks. The TAP loads I tried hung up on the nose cavity. Those two should work well.
    I have had good experiance with COR-BON PowRBall ammo as well as Remington Golden Saber. I still have some COR-BON DPX and JHP ammo to test out as well as some Aguila and Fiocchi.

Thanks, guys.

can you buy just the followers and springs?

Found this, is this the right follower for the cw45's?

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kah...-Follower.asp?