Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Iv heard that the 1911 officers mags by ACT work perfectly without mods

Quote Originally Posted by Violin58 View Post
    Iv heard that the 1911 officers mags by ACT work perfectly without mods
    I have a new p45 and about 300 rounds or so through it. The slide does not reliably lock back all the time, it does some of the time but not always. Thoughts on why or how to correct it? This is with the Act Officers mag which does hold 7 rounds but is about the size of the facotry 6 round mag

If I remember correctly you can give a slight more bend to the follower portion that pushes up the slide lock. At least thatís what Iím thinking.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by bheywow View Post
    I have a new p45 and about 300 rounds or so through it. The slide does not reliably lock back all the time, it does some of the time but not always. Thoughts on why or how to correct it? This is with the Act Officers mag which does hold 7 rounds but is about the size of the facotry 6 round mag
    Get an original Kahr mag. I only use non-Kahr mags for reloads, where I don't care if the slide locks back or not. I have about an 80% success rate getting the slide to lock on the mag follower with Wilson Combat 8 round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by bheywow View Post
    I've yet to find a dedicated 1911 follower that will consistently lock back the slide when used in a Kahr pistol. On the other hand, I have used a Kahr follower and spring in an Officers/compact magazine tube for close to ten years now without a single magazine related failure that I can remember. You only get six that way, but it's a reliable flush fitting magazine. I carry a 7 round officers/compact mag as a spare or use one if I'm not carrying a spare. In either case, I don't care if the slide locks back when it's empty. Most 1911 followers I've tried feed without issue, but I feel that the "Devel" style follower should have the top of the follower bent down.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>