Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: CW45/P45: Flush fit magazine - UPDATED

Iv heard that the 1911 officers mags by ACT work perfectly without mods

Quote Originally Posted by Violin58 View Post
    Iv heard that the 1911 officers mags by ACT work perfectly without mods
    I have a new p45 and about 300 rounds or so through it. The slide does not reliably lock back all the time, it does some of the time but not always. Thoughts on why or how to correct it? This is with the Act Officers mag which does hold 7 rounds but is about the size of the facotry 6 round mag

If I remember correctly you can give a slight more bend to the follower portion that pushes up the slide lock. At least that’s what I’m thinking.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by bheywow View Post
    I have a new p45 and about 300 rounds or so through it. The slide does not reliably lock back all the time, it does some of the time but not always. Thoughts on why or how to correct it? This is with the Act Officers mag which does hold 7 rounds but is about the size of the facotry 6 round mag
    Get an original Kahr mag. I only use non-Kahr mags for reloads, where I don't care if the slide locks back or not. I have about an 80% success rate getting the slide to lock on the mag follower with Wilson Combat 8 round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by bheywow View Post
    I've yet to find a dedicated 1911 follower that will consistently lock back the slide when used in a Kahr pistol. On the other hand, I have used a Kahr follower and spring in an Officers/compact magazine tube for close to ten years now without a single magazine related failure that I can remember. You only get six that way, but it's a reliable flush fitting magazine. I carry a 7 round officers/compact mag as a spare or use one if I'm not carrying a spare. In either case, I don't care if the slide locks back when it's empty. Most 1911 followers I've tried feed without issue, but I feel that the "Devel" style follower should have the top of the follower bent down.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Okay, I have been using the MecGar Officer's mags in my CW45 for carry and the fullsize 8 round mags for my spare. So far the MecGars have been flawless with over 150 rounds through each of the 4 in the rotation. Surprisingly, they have also locked the slide back when empty. I am very grateful for the suggestions of my fellow forumites!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Does anyone have an insider at Kahr who can explain why they don't offer the obviously desired option of a flush fit P45 magazine? When I've emailed them they politely told me to look in the aftermarket market. But I don't think (please correct me if I'm wrong) that ANY magazine makers offer anything for the Kahr P45, flush or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconKC View Post
    Okay, I have been using the MecGar Officer's mags in my CW45 for carry and the fullsize 8 round mags for my spare. So far the MecGars have been flawless with over 150 rounds through each of the 4 in the rotation. Surprisingly, they have also locked the slide back when empty. I am very grateful for the suggestions of my fellow forumites!
    To the best of my knowledge Kahr doesn't make their own mags. I'm not sure who does but someone will throw in here in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Kahr doesn't make their own mags. I'm not sure who does but someone will throw in here in short order.
    My brother in law knew someone who worked in a machine shop in Worcester, MA that made the magazines. I never got the name of it, but they don't sell them anyway.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I've been having luck with a Chip McCormick Custom Officer's mag using the Kahr follower in my P45. While it does lessen the overhang of the Kahr Plastic Pinkie mag plate, it, unfortunately, will still only hold 6 rounds (due to the follower perhaps) rather than the 7 rounds advertised for the mag.

My full size Kimber mag works well functionally, so I have a Kimber 1911 Officer's mag on order and we'll see if I can get flush fit and 7 rounds out of that.

I find it interesting that on Greg's original post many years ago, the 1911 mag base is flush/parallel to the Kahr he shows. You can see below that the angle of the McCormick mag has a tilt/angle which does not match the bottom of my P45 grip. Comments invited.

My first attempt at photos:

Officer's Mag 1.jpgOfficer's Mag 2.jpg
    Last edited by kydave19; 12-29-2022 at 06:47 PM.