Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent No Reset

Hmmm...Greg, if that was ALREADY broken, could that have caused his reset issue?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Hmmm...Greg, if that was ALREADY broken, could that have caused his reset issue?
    The large flange on the spacer keeps the trigger bar in place in the trigger and prevents the trigger return spring from interfering with the bar. I wouldn't discount that it could be damaged in a way that would impede the trigger bar (perhaps intermittently).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The large flange on the spacer keeps the trigger bar in place in the trigger and prevents the trigger return spring from interfering with the bar. I wouldn't discount that it could be damaged in a way that would impede the trigger bar (perhaps intermittently).
    Regards,
    Greg
    Interesting. Thanks! I love to learn more, just in case I find myself with similar issues. Between him replacing that, along with the other parts, I bet he is good to go.

Thanks guys for your input and advice. I hope it doesn't cost more than $150 at the shop, this place has a reputation for being expensive but it's the only place in town. At least the technician owns a Kahr himself. Either way, it will be worth it because it's such a sweet pistol and really soft shooting for a .40. It has more recoil than a 9mm but it doesn't hit the back of my palm really hard like my P250 in .40 did, but that also had a very hard polymer frame, almost like ABS plastic. The LCP was surprisingly accurate even with its tiny sights. The grip left a couple of blisters on my hand, I might get a Hogue grip in the future.

I have had a few lcp’s, some with nothing but a “trench” rear sight, then a “custom” (I think that’s what model is was) with a red, skelotonized trigger. It actually had a two little pop ups/tangs forming a tiny rear sight. It was pretty accurate (I was more accurate) at longer distances than other LCP’s I’ve had with the standard trench.
    The Hogue grip is AWESOME for reducing the sting that little polymer 380’s are known for. My wife would not shoot my last LCP, after a few rounds, but would after the Hogue was put on. BUT, it does add some width/bulk, making it print a little more in the pocket. They are a devil to get on too.

...Still waiting for my Kahr to be fixed...
    As for my LCP, the parts from Ruger (extractor and plunger) will get here tomorrow, a week and a half later. It only took 3 days for my Wolff spring to get here from Midway. I would of ordered all the parts from there but they didn't have the extractor plunger in stock. Then I need to go to the range and test it. If my Kahr isn't done by Friday evening, I'll still go to the range Saturday to test the LCP.

I got the new extractor and plunger for my LCP today, and it also has the new 13 lb recoil spring installed (actually 2 springs), so I don't see how it could malfunction now. I manually cycled ammo through it and it seemed fine. But I will test it at the range this weekend.
    Last edited by KahrK40; 02-26-2020 at 10:57 AM.

I took the LCP to the range today. The first 80 rounds or so were flawless, then it started to have failures to extract and it got worse the more I shot it. Brand new extractor. I guess it got a little dirty and caused problems. Some people have perfectly functioning LCPs, and Kahrs for that matter. Both of mine were lemons right out of the box. These are the two most unreliable guns I've ever had, but I'm getting some more experience points so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by KahrK40 View Post
    I took the LCP to the range today. The first 80 rounds or so were flawless, then it started to have failures to extract and it got worse the more I shot it. Brand new extractor. I guess it got a little dirty and caused problems. Some people have perfectly functioning LCPs, and Kahrs for that matter. Both of mine were lemons right out of the box. These are the two most unreliable guns I've ever had, but I'm getting some more experience points so that's good.
    Sorry you’re having so much trouble but at least you have a great attitude about it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by KahrK40 View Post
    I think dirty is the key word. Once you clean and lube the lcp up the probs SHOULD go away. Some range grade ammo is very dirty stuff (Tulammo anyone?) and can foul up crickets and mouses really quickly. I bet you’ll see it run good again once cleaned and lubed. I could be wrong, but I’ve experienced that with .22’s, 25’s, 32’s and 380’s. Just not a lot of horsepower behind them to overcome build up, and that extractor may be gummied up. Hope I’m correct!

I brought it home, cleaned and lubed it, including the extractor, which is very easy to take out. I'm only going to take 80 rounds with me next time. If it goes that long without a malfunction again, that's really all I can ask for, as long as the first 7 rounds work if I were ever need them to. I was using Perfecta, Aguila, and JHPs were Federal HST and Sig.
    Last edited by KahrK40; 02-28-2020 at 09:24 PM.