CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member, hoping I found the perfect mouse gun

Default New member, hoping I found the perfect mouse gun

I have been on a frustrating search for the perfect pocket .380... Pocketlight Mustang, queasy about cocked and locked pocket carry... RM380, kept dumping the mag in my pocket when the right side mag release got breathed on... Pico, hard to trust because it kept hanging up when the slide wouldn’t fully open when moving back over the top round in the mag. All gone now. LCP, Bodyguard... hard to get excited about.

Long story longer, just bought a like new P380, 2018 production, on an auction site... I hope this is the one!

Wish me well!

If it functions well you’ll love it. If it doesn’t ...

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Congratulations and welcome. If You have any issues check the tips on getting the P380/CW380 running particularly the extractor tension threads if you have any feed issues. My CW380 has ran well from day one.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new Kahr. Hope she turns out to be a final solution for you.

9/10 Kahrs run flawlessly after 200 rounds, some right out of the box. That is the best .380 on the market, I'm eventually going to get one too. The smooth trigger break is why I'm so accurate with my Kahr, where other pistols I hit a wall in the trigger then all the weight of the trigger is in the break so it causes me to twist the gun. (Meaning you don't have to concentrate on each shot with the Kahr as much as other pistols.)

Got to the range with my new P380, and the search is over! Field stripped and cleaned sticky grease, then oiled with FP10. At the range, 100% functioning with FMJ and JHP from the first round... accurate... a pleasure! Much more comfortable to shoot than any of the others this size I have tried... pocket 380 perfection!

Now for my next Kahr... probably a PM9. Where have I been?

Welcome to the Board. And the Kahr. Great triggers. Some require an extensive break-in though maybe not as often with the premium line.

Glad it’s running good.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

At least you are calling .380 what it is and not getting upset about it. I saw a colleague opening carrying some small pistol a few weeks ago (non retention holster to boot) and when I jokingly asked "what mouse gun we carrying today?' he become visibly upset and his comments backed that up.

I most often carry a S&W J-frame in a pocket holster, I don't think I could rock a semi auto in my pocket but if you can, God bless you! I use a Denantis Nemesis pocket holster which works well except when I am doing situps....then the weapon falls out of the holster onto the floor. Fortunately I don't do situps that often in public.

I don't think that carrying a DAO semi in your pocket is any more dangerous than your J-Frame. You still have to pull the trigger a long way for it to fire.