Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member, hoping I found the perfect mouse gun

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I don't think that carrying a DAO semi in your pocket is any more dangerous than your J-Frame. You still have to pull the trigger a long way for it to fire.
    It's not..... I carried an MK9 for 9 years front pocket. and the wifey carries her LCP II in a Remora in her waistband.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    At least you are calling .380 what it is and not getting upset about it. I saw a colleague opening carrying some small pistol a few weeks ago (non retention holster to boot) and when I jokingly asked "what mouse gun we carrying today?' he become visibly upset and his comments backed that up. l

I most often carry a S&W J-frame in a pocket holster, I don't think I could rock a semi auto in my pocket but if you can, God bless you! I use a Denantis Nemesis pocket holster which works well except when I am doing situps....then the weapon falls out of the holster onto the floor. Fortunately I don't do situps that often in public.

What's a situp?

You got me getsome, maybe it's like a sitrep? Or maybe he mispelled and meant spit up? You know like when you see a photo of Pelosi or Clinton?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"What's a situp?"

That is not an encouraging question.

That issue with the Nemesis holster was exposed when I worked in a Stop & Rob. To stay awake and get in a workout, I would do a set up pushups and situps every hour, working up to 280 of each every night shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Gunner View Post
    I have been on a frustrating search for the perfect pocket .380... Pocketlight Mustang, queasy about cocked and locked pocket carry... RM380, kept dumping the mag in my pocket when the right side mag release got breathed on... Pico, hard to trust because it kept hanging up when the slide wouldn’t fully open when moving back over the top round in the mag. All gone now. LCP, Bodyguard... hard to get excited about.

Long story longer, just bought a like new P380, 2018 production, on an auction site... I hope this is the one!

Wish me well!
    Never had that problem with a Pico. In fact mine have all been extremely reliable. Just bought a third one last month. I shoot both the Pico and the Kahr fairly well. I love shooting the Pocket guns and the Snubbies.Here is a recent target I shot with my latest Pico. Set the target out to 15 yds. Fired a few rounds to get a idea of where this new pistol was hitting. (This gun a new Pico has a trigger that is 2lbs lighter than the other two. I feel there is something wrong with the gun and I am sending it back to have checked out. Felt weird shooting) First shots low and then high. Then found the groove.
    Once I found the trigger on this gun the rest of the shots were fast firing about 1 sec. apart. A lot of people say these guns are short distance only or not range guns. I disagree, I have used a lot of small barrel pistols as range guns. I always figured if you are going to carry one, why not get good at it. I think the Kahr has a slight edge over the Pico, but not by much.

Beretta Pico target 15 yds Geco 95gr. FMJ. fast fire

My prefered ammo for both the Kahr and Pico is PrecisionOne. They get the best accuracy, at least for me. Not to fond of the Geco.

The best trainer IMO for the DAO is the LCR22. You can get a lot of range time in for little bit of money. And the recoil of the Kahr and the Pico are so mild anyway.
    Not to mention the LCR22 is one very fun gun to shoot. 8 fast rounds.
    Last edited by King Rat; 03-08-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Default New member, hoping I found the perfect mouse gun

I saw the Pico at my local Shoot Straight for, I think, $199. I just don’t see how anyone could hold on to the nearly non-existent grip. My hat’s off to you!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I saw the Pico at my local Shoot Straight for, I think, $199. I just don’t see how anyone could hold on to the nearly non-existent grip. My hat’s off to you!
    Just a matter of getting use to it. Doing it over and over, just like anything else till it becomes natural. And I have a size large hand with long skinny fingers. I have spent a lot of time over the years shooting pocket guns and a lot of money on ammo. I seldom if ever shoot any large guns like a duty gun. Can't even remember when I shot anything over a micro 9mm. Usually the Beretta Nano/Apx. Just my thing. Personally do not know how they can sell the Pico at such a low cost. It is a quality built little gun. Started off with a LCP when they first came out. Could not shoot it worth a darn. It became a challenge for me and that along with my OCD became a obsession. But a lot of fun along the way. I am fascinated by small barrel pistols and revolvers. Love the concealment and quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Non Existent grip? Actually the grip is very easy to hold with my large hand (size XTRA LG Glove). The more you own the Pico the more you see how well and long they took do develop a wonderful Pocket gun. And part of that great design was the Magazine extension. The Pico fits perfectly in the palm of my hand like a rock between the fatty tissue between the thumb and for finger. And Beretta designed the small narrow gun to give Plenty of Real Estate for the off hand. No chance of riding the slide. No it is not a gun for every one, as a example, just like the Sig 365 is not. When shooting the Sig, I had to be careful not to ride the slide because of the narrow space between the receiver and the grip. I think the 365 is fine for small hands, just was not a good fit for me.
    And the Pinky extension was a great design for drawing the gun quickly. They made the design very well for fast draw just about any where it conceal the gun. Yes, I find the Pico a very easy to gun to shoot and handle. And no, it is not for everyone. But if you spend some time with the gun have some patience to go through the learning curve, it pays off in huge rewards for concealed carry.
    And that said, yes I like to carry a revolver, or a Micro 9mm. But it seems the small Pocket guns get more travel time, Pico, Kahr CW380 and even a Keltec P32 in summer.

Last edited by King Rat; 03-13-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Once again my hats off to you. I handled the pistol without the extended mag and I can say with certainty it’s not for me. Feels like the whole thing will just squirt right out of my hand.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I have never felt a finger rest mag was a good idea. Either have a full-sized grip or carry the easier-to-conceal shortened grip. Grip extension mags are OK for the reload though, when concealment is rather moot now that the shortened mag's contents have been launched at supersonic levels of noise.

I may violate that a bit with my P9 Covert and its 7 round extend mag with finger rest. That is if I need a lighter weapon than the K9 version that came in today. The Covert, with 7 round finger rest mag, is shorter than the P9 with 7 shot stock mag due to the finger rest extension 7 round mags get. I would prefer a flat steel baseplate but oh well.

The only use I see for the P9 Covert now, with 6 shot mag, is "deep carry" in a Kramer Holster Shirt which is how I used it for years anyway when I first got it.