Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK9 AIWB Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post

. If you get a High Noon, don't get the model I have. Maybe the one berettabone had is a lot thinner, but mine is like wearing a brick.

Attachment 16501
    I have a couple of the High Noons with the sweat guard for the CM9 and CT380. I didn’t carry them much because they are thick. I much prefer thin Kydex.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I have a couple of the High Noons with the sweat guard for the CM9 and CT380. I didn’t carry them much because they are thick. I much prefer thin Kydex.
    The thinnest kydex holster I have is from FIST ( http://www.fist-holsters.com/storage...27-detail.html ). They call it ultra thin kydex now, but when I got mine years ago they had the actual measurement listed. It's pretty thin, but has held up to a lot of wear/carry. Here it is (with my P32):

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I have one of those Fist also, it really is super thin but pretty tough. Had it a long time, not sure why I don't use it more. I best dig it out and try it some more.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The thinnest kydex holster I have is from FIST ( http://www.fist-holsters.com/storage...27-detail.html ). They call it ultra thin kydex now, but when I got mine years ago they had the actual measurement listed. It's pretty thin, but has held up to a lot of wear/carry. Here it is (with my P32):

Regards,
    Greg
    Wow...that is a significant difference. Just about the thinnest imaginable.

I took mine out of the drawer this morning and been wearing it all day. Very comfortable, excellent retention and the metal belt clip is extremely positive. I wear a thick 1 1/2 belt and it's actually difficult to get off. I don't recall why I put it in the drawer but it won't be going back there any time soon.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Yes it is. Someone else is using that holster now...……………………………….I used it the most when wearing dress clothes.
    That someone is me! Thank you for selling it to me, Berettabone!

Also, thank you to Ohsheepdog13 for selling your Stealthgear AIWB holster with a claw to me.

Between the two holsters, I have now become very comfortable carrying my MK9 AIWB. Seemed uncomfortable at first, for every reason others have mentioned with regard to that style of carry, BUT the pros outweighs the perceived cons.

So, I now carry my MK9 in the following. It just depends on what I’m wearing/what I am doing that day.

Sticky SM5 holster @ 4:00.
    Desantis Nemesis MK IWB holster @ 4:00.
    Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster in front pocket
    High Noon AIWB @ 1:00. (not adjustable, but rides high and is tuckable)
    StealthGear AIWB w/claw @ 2:00. (Adjustable, invisible when tucked except for the belt clips)

-Wlf

I carry my mk9 in highnoon holsters, I have 3, all are used as aiwb. Mr softy, upper cut and private matter.
    Last edited by Oldman51; 04-25-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Aiwb is a tricky find, looking for the one that fits your particular frame etc.

Default Slide guard for aiwb.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman51 View Post
    Highnoon makes the private matter which is thin leather w/slide guard.
    Highnoonholsters.com

I carry aiwb also depending on wardrobe. My mk9 sits well wherever I put it. Carrying it since 2002.