Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK9 AIWB Carry

Default MK9 AIWB Carry

Anyone who has seen my postings here knows how much I adore my MK9. Probably the best shooting micro I own, and certainly the best looking. Not a single failure in 4 years and countless range visits, regardless of ammo.

But it is a bit heavy. And as such, it's been spending way too much time in the safe.

I recently switched to almost 100% AIWB carry over the past year, both for comfort (lower back issues) and tactical advantages. And I've learned that almost every other gun I own in 9mm and above is just plain too long to be comfortable for long periods in that carry position, especially when seated. So I've been looking at other options, and had pretty much settled on replacing my sold PM9. But then it occurred to me that the MK9 was the same size, albeit heavier.

So I opted to hold off on buying a PM9 and tried my MK9 over a period of days in AIWB. And I was shocked at how well it carries, for hours at a time, in that application. I have a decent bullhide belt, which helps, and have found that the weight there at my centerline is really not a factor. And the length and height are just perfect...comfortable and invisible inside an untucked shirt.

Has anyone else tried the MK9 in that application? Am I deluding myself?

If it works for you there's no delusion involved. I'd run with it. I can't seem to get along with AIWB myself sitting full time but do just fine with IWB at 3:30 to 4:00. I actually find it more comfy with my Commanders 1911's than my PM45 which don't make sense. I need to play with the holster and cant or something.
    Guess we're all different.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have not tried the MK9 but I totally believe you. I’ve been carrying my P365 at 1:00 in a Vedder Light Tuck and am amazed at how comfortable it is.

In fact I carried it tonight for 4 hours over a t shirt and under a tucked dress shirt at the Tim Tebow Foundation Night to Shine event at my local church.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If it works for you there's no delusion involved. I'd run with it. I can't seem to get along with AIWB myself sitting full time but do just fine with IWB at 3:30 to 4:00. I actually find it more comfy with my Commanders 1911's than my PM45 which don't make sense. I need to play with the holster and cant or something.
    Guess we're all different.
    I carried a big Sig in .40 for almost 20 years in the same position on my waist, and I think my body just decided it had experienced enough of that. Over the past few years, that method for any decent sized gun is just untenable. So strange. My Remington RM380 or Beretta Pico are fine there, but I prefer 9mm or above if it is feasible.

"Guess we're all different." Ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I have not tried the MK9 but I totally believe you. I’ve been carrying my P365 at 1:00 in a Vedder Light Tuck and am amazed at how comfortable it is.

In fact I carried it tonight for 4 hours over a t shirt and under a tucked dress shirt at the Tim Tebow Foundation Night to Shine event at my local church.
    I carry my P365 in AIWB whenever I leave the cosy confines of my sleepy little town and head to the big city. It, too, is just about perfect there, but for my shorter stature it does tend to dig in if I'm seated for too long. My smaller pistols are only 1/4 to 1/2" shorter than the Sig, but I've found that for my size, that small amount makes a difference.

But my P365 is another pistol I would never sell. Great little package, and an absolute machine at the range.

I've got a kydex IWB holster that fits my MK/PM/CM9 , and it is not too uncomfortable to carry AIWB.

The kydex sometimes digs into me and can be uncomfortale.

When I got my P365, I ordered a Kusiak leather AIWB holster. It's the first IWB holster that I can wear all day long without discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I carry my P365 in AIWB whenever I leave the cosy confines of my sleepy little town and head to the big city. It, too, is just about perfect there, but for my shorter stature it does tend to dig in if I'm seated for too long. My smaller pistols are only 1/4 to 1/2" shorter than the Sig, but I've found that for my size, that small amount makes a difference.

But my P365 is another pistol I would never sell. Great little package, and an absolute machine at the range.
    At 1:00 barrel length and beaver tail size make all the difference and even a quarter inch is significant while weight is not as meaningful. I'm 5' 7" and haven't been able to comfortably carry anything with a barrel longer than 3 inches. Even some 3 inch barrel pistols like the S&W Shield are a bit too big for me at 1:00. My CM9 is a tiny bit smaller than the 365 but with the Vedder Light Tuck I don't really notice a difference between the two. It's great to have two 9mm options. For days when I want to go really small, I carry my CT380 which while affording me a full grip and 7+1 is thinner and shorter.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I AIWB all the time. Like you I’ve found that with a good belt the weight doesn’t matter much as long as the profile of the pistol fits. Comfortable all day long.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I carried an MK9 for years AIWB in a High Noon Centerfold tuckable. Very comfy and worked well driving in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    I've got a kydex IWB holster that fits my MK/PM/CM9 , and it is not too uncomfortable to carry AIWB.

The kydex sometimes digs into me and can be uncomfortale.

When I got my P365, I ordered a Kusiak leather AIWB holster. It's the first IWB holster that I can wear all day long without discomfort.

Just saw this one, which may be the best of both worlds (but pricey):

https://kusiakleather.com/collection...an-iwb-holster