Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK9 AIWB Carry

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Just saw this one, which may be the best of both worlds (but pricey):

https://kusiakleather.com/collection...an-iwb-holster
    Based on where the clip is that looks like a “deep conceal” holster. I’ve carried that way with a High Noon Holsters leather holster. Great for concealment, especially with the claw, but slow draw and the barrel sits too deep to be comfortable for me.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Based on where the clip is that looks like a “deep conceal” holster. I’ve carried that way with a High Noon Holsters leather holster. Great for concealment, especially with the claw, but slow draw and the barrel sits too deep to be comfortable for me.
    I just checked the holster I've been using this week...a Foxx IWB that I actually bought for my RM380. (The crazy thing is that it fits my MK9.). That holster carries the Kahr just like the Kusiak I linked. The bad news is that it does ride a bit low, so it may dig into the groin for some people. But the good news is that it digs into your abdomen a bit less because it rides slightly lower. I guess that is the inevitable tradeoff.

Carried AIWB......................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Carried AIWB......................
    Is that the High Noon? Nice looking holster, especially for the price.

I carried AIWB for years with similar High Noon Holsters (CM9, CT380 and P365). They work well for deeper concealment. If you prefer a combat draw the holster itself still works well but without a claw the grip is more prone to printing.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Maybe this simple comparison will help.

For me, holster thickness matters. Without buying pants to specifically carry IWB, I need a thin holster, and a thin gun.

The top holster is a High Noon "Private Matter" ($70)

The middle holster is a Winthrop IWB ($30 on sale)

Bottom holster is a Kusiak Minimalist ($50)

HUGE difference in thickness.

IWB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Maybe this simple comparison will help.

For me, holster thickness matters. Without buying pants to specifically carry IWB, I need a thin holster, and a thin gun.

The top holster is a High Noon "Private Matter" ($70)

The middle holster is a Winthrop IWB ($30 on sale)

Bottom holster is a Kusiak Minimalist ($50)

HUGE difference in thickness.

IWB.jpg

That's very helpful. The Kusiak is just too damn big, IMHO. Why carry a smaller gun when the holster is gigantic?

Is that the High Noon? Nice looking holster, especially for the price.
    Yes it is. Someone else is using that holster now...……………………………….I used it the most when wearing dress clothes.

That's very helpful. The Kusiak is just too damn big, IMHO. Why carry a smaller gun when the holster is gigantic?
    Kusiak on top, Winthrop in the middle, High Noon on bottom.

Don't be confused by the flared mouth of the Kusiak - it's the thinnest, and easiest to reholster. If you get a High Noon, don't get the model I have. Maybe the one berettabone had is a lot thinner, but mine is like wearing a brick.

I should also mention my High Noon was made for my MK9, the Winthrop for a CW9, and the Kusiak for my P365.

IWB1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Kusiak on top, Winthrop in the middle, High Noon on bottom.

Don't be confused by the flared mouth of the Kusiak - it's the thinnest, and easiest to reholster. If you get a High Noon, don't get the model I have. Maybe the one berettabone had is a lot thinner, but mine is like wearing a brick.

I should also mention my High Noon was made for my MK9, the Winthrop for a CW9, and the Kusiak for my P365.

IWB1.jpg
    My concern, though, is that the wide mouth is going to a) be far wider inside the pants, and b) print considerably more.

I bought a similar holster over the internet for my little J-frame, and that flared opening made it feel like I was trying to get a Model 19 into my pants! I ended up scrapping it and bought a Relentless Tactical holster that is just a thin and very flexible suede holster.

I should point out that I never rehoister in the waist with appendix carry...I take the holster out, rehoister the weapon, and then put it back in my waist. Just not taking any chances! So that feature is really wasted on me.