Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Magguts +1 for my PM9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default Magguts +1 for my PM9

    I just finished installing the Magguts +1 conversion on my 2 PM9 magazines.
    I needed the swear jar next to me when I had to fight with that flat spring getting it in and the base plate on, but I prevailed.
    I have another 6 round mag coming that will get the same conversion. I have these for my 9mm Shield and they work perfect.
    One of my mags has a finger extension on it that I don't like because it sticks out too far. I ordered a factory metal replacement for it from Kahr.
    It should be good to go by next week. Love this pistol!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Have you shot your PM9 yet? I noticed the Magguts follower in a couple of my mags were shifting forward and downward by the time the last round had been fired, failing to push up on the slide stop and causing the magazine to not drop free and instead drag as I pulled it out. I sure hope this remedies itself as time goes on.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default Magguts +1 for my PM9

    I have a couple of 7 rounder mag kits arriving this week. It could be a week or so before I get to test.
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-12-2020 at 03:15 AM.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I have a couple of 7 rounder mag kits arriving this week. It could be a week or so before I get to test.
    I posted a follow up in another thread but both of the 7 to 8 kits worked fine. 30 rounds through each. Everything fed, fired and ejected as it should. Slide locked back when it should.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Fired 30 rounds this morning. Zero problems so far. I will put some more rounds through them in a few weeks.
    If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact Magguts. Their customer service is excellent!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smbob View Post
    Fired 30 rounds this morning. Zero problems so far. I will put some more rounds through them in a few weeks.
    If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact Magguts. Their customer service is excellent!
    Glad to hear that.

    I just ordered two of the 6 to 7 kits for my CM9.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Just make sure you watch the video on the installation. Make sure you hook that little loop in the right spot of the follower.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smbob View Post
    Just make sure you watch the video on the installation. Make sure you hook that little loop in the right spot of the follower.
    Thanks.

    I just converted two of my 7 round mags and used Gregís pictures as a guide. They worked fine at the range.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Lol, the maggut springs in the video sure look like do not have anywhere near the pressure of the new one's I receive. Not the most fun things in the world to install. Does anyone know if Maggut will fit with a Pearce Extension grip?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default Magguts +1 for my PM9

    Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Lol, the maggut springs in the video sure look like do not have anywhere near the pressure of the new one's I receive. Not the most fun things in the world to install. Does anyone know if Maggut will fit with a Pearce Extension grip?

    Thanks
    Thatís weird, the 7 to 8 round kits have more tension than the video but were really easy to install. Maybe the 6 to 7s are harder.
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-19-2020 at 06:08 AM.

    muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen