Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magguts +1 for my PM9

Default Magguts +1 for my PM9

I just finished installing the Magguts +1 conversion on my 2 PM9 magazines.
    I needed the swear jar next to me when I had to fight with that flat spring getting it in and the base plate on, but I prevailed.
    I have another 6 round mag coming that will get the same conversion. I have these for my 9mm Shield and they work perfect.
    One of my mags has a finger extension on it that I don't like because it sticks out too far. I ordered a factory metal replacement for it from Kahr.
    It should be good to go by next week. Love this pistol!

Have you shot your PM9 yet? I noticed the Magguts follower in a couple of my mags were shifting forward and downward by the time the last round had been fired, failing to push up on the slide stop and causing the magazine to not drop free and instead drag as I pulled it out. I sure hope this remedies itself as time goes on.

I have a couple of 7 rounder mag kits arriving this week. It could be a week or so before I get to test.
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-12-2020 at 03:15 AM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I have a couple of 7 rounder mag kits arriving this week. It could be a week or so before I get to test.
    I posted a follow up in another thread but both of the 7 to 8 kits worked fine. 30 rounds through each. Everything fed, fired and ejected as it should. Slide locked back when it should.

Fired 30 rounds this morning. Zero problems so far. I will put some more rounds through them in a few weeks.
    If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact Magguts. Their customer service is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by smbob View Post
    Fired 30 rounds this morning. Zero problems so far. I will put some more rounds through them in a few weeks.
    If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact Magguts. Their customer service is excellent!
    Glad to hear that.

I just ordered two of the 6 to 7 kits for my CM9.

Just make sure you watch the video on the installation. Make sure you hook that little loop in the right spot of the follower.

Quote Originally Posted by smbob View Post
    Just make sure you watch the video on the installation. Make sure you hook that little loop in the right spot of the follower.
    Thanks.

I just converted two of my 7 round mags and used Greg’s pictures as a guide. They worked fine at the range.

Lol, the maggut springs in the video sure look like do not have anywhere near the pressure of the new one's I receive. Not the most fun things in the world to install. Does anyone know if Maggut will fit with a Pearce Extension grip?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Lol, the maggut springs in the video sure look like do not have anywhere near the pressure of the new one's I receive. Not the most fun things in the world to install. Does anyone know if Maggut will fit with a Pearce Extension grip?

Thanks
    That’s weird, the 7 to 8 round kits have more tension than the video but were really easy to install. Maybe the 6 to 7s are harder.
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-19-2020 at 06:08 AM.