Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magguts +1 for my PM9

Appreciate the suggestion. I'll give that a try.
    Also the good news about the replacement baseplate. I have MAgGuts 6+1 spring kits in my CM9 mags and have been wondering if those replacement baseplates will work.

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

Yeah, they definitely work. Like any magazine extension, it adds a little to the length but with the bonus of a nice feel to the hand. The total "height" of the PM9 is now 4.8", the same as the CW45. These are still small guns by any measure.

Anyone think Magguts will come up with a +1 for the PM40. Is it even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    I have Magguts flat spring and follower installed in two of my PM9 mags (also in my M&P Shield 9). The installation of the Magguts is not difficult if you do it this way: Push the "cup" with a thin blade screwdriver deep down into the magazine. Take a nail or really thin screwdriver (I use a jeweler's driver), push it through the magazine's sight hole just above the cup. That holds the major portion of the coiled spring in place leaving only a couple of the flat spring rungs extended through the bottom of the magazine. They are now easily pushed down into the magazine, the base plate slips right on, remove the jeweler's screwdriver/nail. Done. Total time 30 seconds.

Unrelated to this procedure, I replaced that hideous stubby Kahr +1 bottom plate in the Kahr 9-7 magazine with the Lakeland plate. I also installed a Magguts spring and follower so that mag is now 8+1. It looks good and feels great in hand. I consider the PM9 set up this way a decent carry gun with total of 9 rounds. I added a Hogue Sig P365 grip sleeve, it fits perfectly, feels great in-hand.

(My PM9 is my first Kahr and number #45 in my collection. I jumped on it when I stumbled across it one of my LGS's at $319, ($348 out the door). She is such a sweet shooter that I recently added the CW45 (#46) but won't take possession of it for at least 10 more days. My PM9 is a Massachusetts compliant gun with external slide safety and loaded chamber indicator. I measured the trigger spring tension at 5 lbs so it appears some time in its history the spring was replaced. It is my understanding that MA compliant guns must have a 10 lb trigger so I assume that spring was replaced with a 5 lb spring.)
    Update: I have since added a K9 Elite '98 and MK9 to the Kahr collection with a K40 in the near future. (Also added Glock 27, S&W 469, Ruger SR40 and SR40C, Rock Island GI Series 1911 Officer 45).
    Top Left: CW45, Top Right: K9 Elite '98
    Bottom Left: PM9, Bottom Right: MK9
    (CW45 shown with Houge grip sleeve; PM9 with Houge Sig P365 grip sleeve, PM9 and MK9 with Pearce grip extensions; CW45 with Kimber #1000173A (7+1) magazine; PM9 and MK9 with MagGuts spring and followers (7+1); Reduced force Recoil and Striker springs on order from Wolff.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Date Point: MagGuts follwers and springs in both a PM9 6 round (now 7 + 1 via OEM flush base plate), and 7 round (now 8 + 1 via OEM and Lakeline sleeve and base plates), no problems what so ever, all working perfectly for over a year and hundreds of rounds now.

One more can't hurt LOL!

BTW, I'm looking for a 9mm 7rd +1 MagGuts spring and follower set if anyone has one for sale?

Top dollar paid LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleHead View Post
    They are absolutely compatible. I prefer not to use magguts as I mentioned before, but that's another topic. For those who've had better luck, more power to you.

Agreed. I have a 6rd P380 mag with both the Pearce extension and a MG and they work flawlessly together.

Interestingly enough I have a PM9 6 round with Magguts +1 and a Pearce extension,and it works fine aside from not holding the slide back when empty.

Note that the same mag with the same Magguts +1 works perfectly fine with the Kahr mag base and holds the slide back, go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by djd100 View Post
    Interestingly enough I have a PM9 6 round with Magguts +1 and a Pearce extension,and it works fine aside from not holding the slide back when empty.

Note that the same mag with the same Magguts +1 works perfectly fine with the Kahr mag base and holds the slide back, go figure?
    I went out to dinner last night with a lady friend, my carry was the MK9 with the magazine stuffed with Hornady 115 gr Critical Defense FTX's, 7+1 with the Magguts. Absolute confidence in this setup.

(Since my posting #24 above, I have added the K40 Covert to the Kahr collection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    I went out to dinner last night with a lady friend, my carry was the MK9 with the magazine stuffed with Hornady 115 gr Critical Defense FTX's, 7+1 with the Magguts. Absolute confidence in this setup.

(Since my posting #24 above, I have added the K40 Covert to the Kahr collection.)
    Congrats on the K40!

My Kahr 9mm Magguts 7+1 has been 100% perfect as well, for hundreds of rounds, as has my Kahr 9mm Magguts 6+1 with the Kahr base.

I wish Magguts would make some more +1 kits for Kahr 9mm's, or maybe even just reply to emails left on their contact forms, but it seems all they have left for Kahr's are some 380 +1 sets, and when they're gone they'll probably be gone for good as Kahr sales have tanked with all the new higher capacity micro-nines available (that was Lakeline's excuse for discontinuing the Kahr 7 round 9mm mag sleeves/base plates), which is too bad as I'm in CA so I can't get a new high capacity micro-nine unless I buy one used from a LEO/Judge at 3X the new price, i.e. Sig 365's are going for $1500 (due the stupid CA Hand Gun Roster)!