Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW: Print

I always thought that an untucked shirt looked kind of sloppy. Prefer a tucked in shirt. Always tucked in my shirt, always. Since I started carrying, I had to adjust that idea and become more flexible. Lately I've been enjoying carrying in my new DH Jit OWB holster. High and tight under a sweatshirt works well for me. I really don't like to leave t-shirts untucked, but I'm comfortable using a Remora in that situation. I use every holster I own, and dress accordingly. The Jit style works well under t-shirts also.

When I first started carrying a firearm at the ripe old age of 21 I too was worried someone would spot it. It's a pretty normal fear but like others have stated, not much need for it. Most people notice NOTHING. They are too busy looking down at their phones or simply in condition White.

Even when I've open carried most people don't seem to notice. However this is a very firearm friendly state, which has to be a factor.

I have, over the years, carried in a couple of "deep carry" holsters that did allow one to carry with nearly zero risk of it being seen, even by police. One was the (don't laugh) Thunderwear holster and the other was in the Kramer Holster Shirt (formerly the "Confidant"). Of the two the Kramer was better but both were slow draws. If I needed "deep carry" again I'd go for the Kramer. The Thunderwear (Smartcarry is a competitor) requires both hands to draw, which is always a bad idea.

I never like a weapon to touch my skin, I always wear a tee shirt as an undershirt. Most of the time I pocket carry a J-frame but the only kind of pants I wear are khakis and the pockets are generally large.

I have ankle carried but only as backup or part of the New York Reload. It also works well when seated.

I prefer pocket carry most of the time and sometimes I know it's printing but again, no one seems to notice!

In time, you will find, most people don't notice, those that do won't care, and you'll relax too.

Where I live in liberal Northern Virginia, I use a belly band holster and avoid printing like the bubonic plague. Around here, there are way way WAY too many people who will call the cops if they see a gun on anyone not in a cop's uniform. How I carry won't necessarily be the same as how someone carries out in the boonies of Oklahoma, and that's perfectly fine. I dress for the occasion.

I carry all the time. When I'm working it's with tucked in shirts, so I just make sure that they are not tucked in tight so there isn't a chance of printing. When I'm not working I use the same IWB holster, but it might be an untucked t-shirt. Just need to make sure they're long enough to reach for stuff. My whole family knows that I carry, but I've never been busted by printing. I've had them outright ask me if I am carrying, and I always ask them if it's a day that ends in "y".

I swear that 99% of the population is oblivious to the world around them. I followed a guy that was carrying a full-sized Glock "concealed" IWB wearing a t-shirt and sweat pants. The sweats were sagging around the pistol and the t-shirt was one size too small for him without the pistol. That's how I knew it was a Glock. I was going to tell him, but when the rest of the people around us didn't notice I just let it go.

I have a friend who used to live in NOVA and he would go about open carrying the same Kahr CW 45 I now own, in the same Mitch Rosen thumb break. He never mentioned a "MWAG" call. He did tell me he had very pleasant conversations with people on the 2nd Amendment and open carry.

I was in the cell phone store some months ago and a man was sorta "concealed" with a Glock in a Fobus holster showing from under his tee shirt as he'd bend over. The lady in front of me was oblivious.....when I pointed it out to her she seemed a bit shocked (she said nothing nor did she act out). People are just not paying attention.