CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Flush mag for PM45 / CM45 - Wilson Combat Sentinel

Default Flush mag for PM45 / CM45 - Wilson Combat Sentinel

I've always hoped for a more flush fitting mag with a removable steel baseplate for my PM45. And 6+1 would be cool.

Thinking this might just be the ticket. I should have it to play with over the weekend. Will present the results.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Ma...uctinfo/47SEN/

Just might work, a Wilson Compact (officer size) is about a 1/2'' too long in my PM45.
    Full size Wilson's ran in mine and even locked open on empty (most of the time). The compacts for some reason didn't run quite as well. Never could figure it out, same tube, same follower, feed lips look the same.
    Be curious if this works.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Looking forward to reading the results fastkahrs!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Have you tried a Wilson Combat Officers mag with Kahr follower? Do you lose one round over the WC. This baseplate could provide for a clean-ish look.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Base-Pa...uctinfo/47BOX/

I went ahead and ordered one to try as well. Already have a WC officers mag.

I consider the officers mag a compact, that's what I was referring too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I consider the officers mag a compact, that's what I was referring too.
    Oh, yes - We're on the same page there - I was curious if you had tried the OEM Kahr follower and had success with the rest of the WC mag?

Just perhaps mag capacity drops down one from what you get with a complete WC magazine?

I didn't try the Kahr followers. It worked pretty good with full size Wilson 1911 mags which is what I usually carry so thought it was more than plenty good for back up duty.
    When I carry the Kahr solo which I so slightly more often now that I'm retarded I just carry a couple extra stock Kahr mags or 1 Wilson.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well that's not going to work. Latch window, feed lips and follower are all different from my WC officers mag. The Sentinel feed lips firmly contact the ejector as the magazine latches into place. This one is going back.

Also, by design, Wilson mags are longer than their competitive counterparts. The Wilson Sentinel mag is less than 1/8" shorter than a KimPro Officers mag.

Cool thing is that the baseplates are fully interchangeable between Wilson and KimPro. Using the WC 47BOX baseplate with a KimPro Officers mag, I should be able to create something as functional as an OEM mag and also look like it belongs. About 1/8" needs to come off,and I think a brushed finish may match the slide pretty good..

6+1 with Kahr follower, 7+1 w/ modded KimPro follower.
    Very limited field testing with the modded follower thus far. Slide lock functions normally while hand cycling in both scenarios.

Modded follower on left: