CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM9 problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CM9 problem

Purchased last year in april, great little gun however back sight came loose within weeks tried blue Loctite it failed within days, returned to Kahr
    they installed new back sight in June 2019,now sight has come loose again, have not carried due to this problem, gun in not abused.
    Need advice on how to repair or send back to Kahr once again.

any advice is appreciated.

My usual cure for a loose dovetailed sight is to stipple the bottom of the sight. I just set it up in a vise or whatever works so you can take a pointed punch and put a bunch of divets in it. Basically displacing metal.
    There's also a lock tite product that supposedly helps in this application, don't recall the name and I've so far never needed it. As I recall it can be applied after the fact and seeps in and sets up.
    Avoid messing with the slide itself.

The alternative is an aftermarket sight which generally requires a little fitting.

In your case you'd only have to send the slide back to Kahr which can go regular mail, so sending it back might be the best solution if your not comfortable pounding on your sight.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Rear sight on my CT380 came loose. I put it back with blue loctite but I don’t think I’ve fired it since then.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

It appears to me the sight is too small or dove tail is cut too wide, should be a better fix, perhaps a set screw. Disappointing as it's a near perfect firearm.

I think I'd be tempted to contact Kahr and let them know they had it once and the repair failed. (nicely of course, catch more birds with Vodka no, chocolate, sugar??? well something better than cod liver oil or vinegar?) you get the idea.
    I'm sure you can just send the slide regular mail if they don't send a call tag. You could certainly suggest an upgrade to a sight with a set screw although I'm not aware of one myself.
    They should certainly be able to properly fit a rear sight to keep that fine gun on the track.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I prefer a solid black rear sight; available from Dawson Precision. If I remember correctly, none of mine required any fitting. Just slide into the dovetail and tighten the included allen set screw (with a touch of red loctite).

This rear sight ever so slightly extends your site radius as well.

I like Dawson Precision stuff a lot, they have helped me many times. This would be a great solution if they make one that fits the CM.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I like Dawson Precision stuff a lot, they have helped me many times. This would be a great solution if they make one that fits the CM.
    They sure do, I have one on my CM9. I think other than the new/old variant, all Kahr dovetails are the same.

fastkahrs: is that the standard kahr front sight n picture.?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    fastkahrs: is that the standard kahr front sight n picture.?
    Yes, it is. If you contact DP, they can set you up with a rear to work with factory front. All mine have factory fronts.