Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: G-10. Micarta. Any other grips out there?

Default G-10. Micarta. Any other grips out there?

Love the wood grips. But, anybody making composite grips for the T9? Just a little tougher for a carry gun. Maybe a little thinner?

Wish lakeline would

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt 127 View Post
    Love the wood grips. But, anybody making composite grips for the T9? Just a little tougher for a carry gun. Maybe a little thinner?
    Nope. The T9 is such a small installed base that I doubt anyone ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt 127 View Post
    Maybe ask Bawanna on this forum? If you like to tinker, you could also just buy a second set of stock wood grips (if available) and sand them to your liking. You could also coat with whatever... heck paint them with textured paint if you like.... hmm... maybe I should give that a try now that I think about it...

I’m handy. But, starting with factory grips would be the only option for me. The inside cuts are brutal. Not like a pair of 1911 slabs!

Ironically I started a set of T grips this morning before I got side tracked to my part time job. Just Walnut. Your right those inside cuts are time consuming and so many different planes have to be just right.
    First set of T's, done several MK's and a few K's.

Just very time consuming and have to have your mind right.

I don't like working G10 or some of the other stuff much, good wood and I'm a happy camper.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."