CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new

Thread: Trigger Fading

Default Trigger Fading

Bought a used PM9 a few months ago. Black cerracote finish. Trigger was about so so. I ran about 60 rounds through it without any issues. I own 4 Kahrs so I have an idea of how they more or less feel. Had been carrying it in a front pocket holster for a few months and shot it again the other day.

It seemed like the trigger was having to be depressed further on each successive shot to the point where I could barely get it to fire. Really strange. Does that sound like a bent trigger bar? Sidelining the PM until I get it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed something similar with my new P40 the other day. I’ll be watching this thread, hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

I think i would first check that the trigger bar is lifitng high enough to fully engage the cocking cam. You could pull the side plate to check this or first try checking it by pushing the disconnector down and watching to see if it is returning to full height and doing so quickly. I'd do this with and without a magazine in place.
    Here's a photo of my CW9's disconnector at full height:

If it doesn't function correctly without a magazine in place, then perhaps a cleaning under the side plate is in order or maybe a new trigger bar spring.

If you pull the side plate check the trigger bar's condition where it engages the cocking cam.

Also put the slide on and check to see if it interferes with the trigger bar.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

When checking the things Greg suggests or anything else, compare the function of the parts on that gun to your other Kahrs to see what is different.