CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is my Kahr carbon steel?

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks for the info and congrats on the K9!
    I have an early one myself. You might want to see if yours has a trigger bar like the current production guns. Mine is an "AD" serial number series gun and has a trigger bar that is different from what is currently used. The trigger bar spring is different as well, but the current spring can be bent to function with the older bar.

Regards,
    Greg
    Do you think such an early K9 could be updated by the Kahr company to the new Elite trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Do you think such an early K9 could be updated by the Kahr company to the new Elite trigger?
    They used to do an update, but you might call to see if they still do. The frame needs to have a bit of material removed to accommodate the current trigger bar.

As an alternative, you can improve the trigger by replacing the old trigger spacer and trigger return spring with the same current parts. It's been awhile since I did it, so I'm not positive about the spacer, but I seem to remember it needed to be changed to make room for the current trigger return spring.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I emailed Kahr a few weeks ago and they stated they would put the Elite trigger into an early version K9. Not sure if I want to do that right now though, living through the next few months may take precedence.