Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Do you do this? Picking defensive ammo.

Default Do you do this? Picking defensive ammo.

Test various defensive loads and see which ones hit to point of aim with that particular pistol?

I also do that with practice ammo. Then that's what I buy to carry and practice with for that weapon.

Anyone else do this?

I have used various defensive loads for comparison with my carry firearms. Practice ammo isn't very accurate really from longer distances. I have it down to one or two selections and I use the same ammo in all of my carry arms.

Good news! Just found my ammo box of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P I had bought in 2016 fearing a Hillary win. Will attempt to test ammo tomorrow in P9 Covert.

I do it. I might try 2 or 3 different ammos, just to get the best one, all the while making sure it functions 100% I actually traded off a CW9 I had, it consistently printed left of center with any ammos, so it was Gonesville.

Oh.....I thought I posted about this.

Ammo is a bust in the Covert. Stovepipes are common. I think the round is too long. I ordered some Critical Defense last week for testing, then THE PANIC hits. So once I finally get the ammo for testing, I'll have to wait God knows how long until the ammo situation improves again and prices come down, allowing me to test more/buy a stock of 1000.

Oh well.....at least this time (unlike in 2014) I have a good stock of defensive ammo, I have practiced a great deal, and I have other firearms options. I am annoyed but that's really all. Others are dead, sick, or facing the loss of their business, jobs, homes, etc.