Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you decreased the trigger weight in you Kahr 9's?

Default Have any of you decreased the trigger weight in you Kahr 9's?

I am interested to hear any comments on changing out the sear spring and sear block spring as sold by MCarbo in my PM9 and CM40 Kahrs. I have a LC9S pro, so I know about accidental light triggers pulls, but I am curious about whether lighter springs increases the chance of light primer strikes or any other problems I haven't considered. Thanks

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I installed the MCarbo spring kit in my CM9. The installation video was VERY well done, and a huge help. I haven't experienced any issues at all with factory ammo.
    The trigger has a slightly lighter "break" which allows me to be a bit more precise when shooting slowly, taking an extra second to get off a well aimed shot. OTOH: When I'm bringing the gun into action QUICKLY where my goal is to put a round into a close target as fast as possible the improved trigger pull isn't a factor. I don't have any sense that the MCarbo springs have increased the chance of accidental firing.

I put the MCarbo springs into my K9. I've put 100 rounds of 124gn American Eagle through it without any problems. The trigger is lighter but I don't have a gauge so I can't tell you how much. It isn't obscenely light though.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I put the MCarbo set in my P9, CM9 and CT380. Trigger pulls are 3 lb 11 oz in each gun (give or take an ounce).

I put 50 to 100 rounds through each pistol (several different types of ammo) and no light strikes.

For me it’s a significant improvement. The pull is much lighter which makes it feel even smoother. Still long so I don’t feel unsafe at all with it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

As I practice more with my Kahrs I will be in a better position to consider a trigger job. This thread will come in handy then, thank you.

My 1911 needs no trigger work but my J-frames.....all have had a trigger job except for the vintage 638-2. Its trigger seems better than the -3's.

I haven't yet but have considered the MCarbo kit. I have purchased other items and kits from them and have been pleased with their quality products, excellent video tutorials, and great customer support.

I put in a Wolff spring and reduced the trigger pull to a very smooth 5#'s

I simply won't change a trigger on my carry guns however on target/range guns different story. My CM9 is so good would not change anything about it, the best carry gun I've owned.

Default NO?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I simply won't change a trigger on my carry guns however on target/range guns different story. My CM9 is so good would not change anything about it, the best carry gun I've owned.
    Lol, NOT no, but HeLL NO! One of the reasons I bought the Kahr. Beautiful DAO. Their is a reason I got rid of my LC9S. Loved the gun, but hated the very dangerous trigger. More manufacturers should model the Kahr Trigger after the Kahr. I for one certainly to not need a light trigger to shoot well. And these guns are not target guns. My Beretta Nano/Carry is very similar and I love that trigger as well.

^^^ This for me as well. Kahr triggers need no improvement on my account.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."