CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have any of you decreased the trigger weight in you Kahr 9's?

I have tried replacing springs on my PM 9. I have used M Carbo and Galloway Precision. I got light strikes with both. Failure to fire was just too risky for my EDC. I just have to find a replacement for my PM 9. For me it is NOT just the trigger weight but the ridiculous long pull and reset. I know others love it but I just cannot get used to it. So far I only have about 1,000 rnds thru it and still just not working for me. I will replace it with some other DAO probably Sig 365 SAS when I can find one.

I replaced my Kahr with a revolver. Trigger work made a sweet trigger and a firearm that is much more reliable. Just could never get to 100% trust in the Kahr. Don't want to worry about misfeeds, particular ammo, weak grip, etc. You don't need any issues with an EDC firearm. Even after break in, still would have an occasional F up. I've owned many many semi autos and never had an issue with any of them. The Kahr was the only one that I couldn't trust. Trust to me is much more important than a #3 trigger. If someone has that much issue with a trigger weight, they should think about finger exercises. Hardly any difference between 3 lbs. and 5 lbs.

See the military and police going back to revolvers for all those reasons. Probably S&W 686 7-shot 357 mag.

Jerrry Miculek can empty his 5-shot revolver into a playing card in .57 seconds, which is roughly the time it takes me to pull my K9's trigger through it's long arc.