Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM9 recoil spring

Default CM9 recoil spring

1500 rounds on the current recoil springs. So far, no recoil spring related issues.

When should I replace?
    Both springs or just the outer?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I'm not a big recoil spring changer. I figure the gun will tell me when it's needed as it starts to balk now and then, usually not all at once. I also believe in just swapping the outer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks.

My Shield had a few stovepipes after about 1,600 rounds. Replaced the recoil springs and no problems for the next 200 rounds. The CM9 is an occasional carry gun so I’d like to replace before problems start.

I have both springs but was thinking of the outer only. The inner looks like it might be a bear to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm not a big recoil spring changer. I figure the gun will tell me when it's needed as it starts to balk now and then, usually not all at once. I also believe in just swapping the outer.
    If you would be so kind to answer, for the PM45 and CM9, do you replace the outer with wolff springs? What lbs do you suggest? I don't see the CM9 or the PM45 listed on the Wolff Spring site.

I ordered a new RSA for the used PM45 I picked up a few days ago. I'm wondering if I should keep the old one and replace the outer for a backup. I am only on about 300 rounds for the CM9, so I haven't ordered a replacement, but was planning on one in the future. Any other tips?

The springs in the Kahr from the factory are Wolff springs. I only replace the outer spring. I wasn't even aware there were different weights available, I don't recall but suspect I ordered the spring from Kahr. I've only replaced it once I think.
    I've not replaced them in my K's. I don't have a CM or a PM but I'd no doubt do the same thing.
    Keeping your original with a new outer for a spare is a fine idea.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I shoot my CM9 EDC in IDPA BUG matches, and so far I've got about 10M rounds on the original RSA that came with the gun new. still robust ejection and feeds with authority . like Bawanna sez, the gun will tell me and I'll replace the entire assembly.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    If you would be so kind to answer, for the PM45 and CM9, do you replace the outer with wolff springs? What lbs do you suggest? I don't see the CM9 or the PM45 listed on the Wolff Spring site.
    CM9 & PM9 are the same springs, PM9 listed.

Thanks for the info, all.

Default CM9 recoil spring

Kinda funny that I started this post. After a successful range trip with the CM9 today I proceeded to field strip for cleaning and the nut that holds the inner spring in place is gone. Must have come off while shooting. Looks like I have to buy the whole assembly as I don't see the nut only for sale.

I’ll try Ace Hardware first.

I recall a post from wayback about making one of those nuts out of a regular nut.