Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Owner With Time Sensitive Reliability Issues

My seriously bad, not sure why I was thinking polymer especially since I've spent the last week intimate making some grips for my T9.
    If your patient I can probably make your grips fit better, done so on several K's and MK's which are pretty much the same issue.
    Send me a PM or an email if your interested.

Not sure where that polymer came from, I best reschedule my alhzeimers test I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

“Does the new rear dovetail give us more options for sights? Is that worth anything to me?”
    I’ve found that Dawson Precision can get you upgraded sights for just about anything. If you are unsure about what you need, you can push off your sights and send them in to them. They will make sure you get the correct fitting one’s. May need a few passes over sandpaper at the dovetail base, but the cut/shape of the dovetail will be correct. I got fiber optic sights for my k9 from them by doing just that. Cheers!

Old spring had to be yanked and twisted out with needle nose. Similarly, new spring did not just drop into place. I used the screw to push it in and seat it. It is evident that the engagement end is much lower, and when I insert the slip lock lever without the slide on, it is evident that, at rest, the spring is in contact with the lever now.

The engagement end did seem to get pushed up a little after I put the slide lock lever in, because when I removed the slide lock lever again, the engagement end has move up so that it was no longer "resting" on part of the frame.

I'll take some pictures. Right now, I've got to get my taxes done. Later this afternoon, I'm going for a root canal and colonoscopy (that's a joke). I may just make it to the range for my third day in a row; if not, I'll certainly go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by duegatti View Post
    Old spring had to be yanked and twisted out with needle nose. Similarly, new spring did not just drop into place. I used the screw to push it in and seat it. It is evident that the engagement end is much lower, and when I insert the slip lock lever without the slide on, it is evident that, at rest, the spring is in contact with the lever now.

The engagement end did seem to get pushed up a little after I put the slide lock lever in, because when I removed the slide lock lever again, the engagement end has move up so that it was no longer "resting" on part of the frame.

I'll take some pictures. Right now, I've got to get my taxes done. Later this afternoon, I'm going for a root canal and colonoscopy (that's a joke). I may just make it to the range for my third day in a row; if not, I'll certainly go tomorrow.
    Sounds like you're making progress. Keep us posted.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I sent you a PM duegatti.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

1). The new spring that I forcefully seated with the screw was easily removed with needle nose from the hole through the frame. It appeared to have opened up slightly from the handling that it went through, which included inserting and removing the slide lock lever without the slide on.

2). I ensured the hole was clear by reaming it out with a syringe needle.

3). I put oil on top of the hole and on the end of another new spring. This I would say did "drop in". It did require a push open for the other, open end - the piece that contacts the slide lock lever - to clear the little ledge in the side of the frame. At this point, it was flat against the frame, and as low as it could go, resting on the ledge. The screw held the horizontal bottom portion, and maybe even the last third of the spring, the part after the vertical run which retains the slide lock lever.

4) I began to wonder if it is bad practice to insert and remove the slide lock lever with the slide off. I began to wonder if the slide contributes to the retention of the spring, such that the spring will not be pulled away from the frame when you remove the slide lock lever, and will not be deformed or opened up. I haven't got that answer yet - it didn't really look like it when I put the gun back together. I still don't see how you're supposed to see the contact between the slide lock lever and its spring when the gun is assembled.

5). Ran back to the range for the third day in a row (I don't understand how anybody gets anything done before they retire), and had 200 rounds of Glock-like perfection. The problem is solved.

Technically, I still have a few days to get my money back on this gun, and put it toward the other, more expensive, much more recent used T9 that they have - the one with the ill-fitting grips and new rear dovetail. My gun's got a nicer trigger right now. Both guns have spent Trijicons.

So my only remaining question would be - what is the value of the new rear sight dovetail? Would it get me into an interesting aftermarket sight that the old dovetail cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by duegatti View Post
    1). .....
    So my only remaining question would be - what is the value of the new rear sight dovetail? Would it get me into an interesting aftermarket sight that the old dovetail cannot?
    "New style" dovetail only:
    HiViz fiber optic sights (Kahr has them)
    Meprolight FT Bullseye Fiber & Tritium Night sight (Kahr has them)
    TruGlo Tritium Pro and TFX PRO Tritium Night Sights (I like Lakeline LLC for these)
    Williams Firesights (green or red) (Kahr has them)

Both dovetail styles are listed at Dawson Precision, Kahr (Trijicon), and XS sights

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Oooh . . . . that is super to know. And I'm really cool to any kind of three dot; I pretty much like a plain black rear. So of those exclusively new style sights, only the Meprolights could be of interest. I think I'd be perfectly happy with the three options for the old slide cut. I actually did some serious work with Ashley small dots on a Glock 17 - even though people like to crap all over express sights. A Dawson black back/fiber optic front would be similar to what I've got on my 9mm 1911, which is the gun that my Kahrs are relieving. I could see putting small dots on my K9, but I think it makes more sense to have similar or identical sights on both Kahrs.

Any other reason to go for the newer gun? Right now I'm set to be happy keeping the T9 that I have, with its sublime trigger.

And while I wouldn't necessarily want to shut down this thread - thanks to everyone for all the help.