Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: Are you ready for this?

Default Are you ready for this?

I heard about this case on the news....glad Active Self Protection reviewed it.

Now, are we members ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ZNB_Udvek

The local news never showed nor mentioned the guy used a knife. Good news is the little girl is doing fine.

As for the Monday morning quarterbacking on the video, IMO, that guy is an idiot. There are situations that one will never be ready for, regardless of your training. Instincts take over when you haven't trained for a situation. What was shown on the local news ended when he lifted the dog up. I thought he started choking the dog, which seemed to me to be the right thing to do in that situation. To second guess someone's actions, after the fact and slow motion, is pretty petty to me.

And I'd love to see anyone "talk down a dog" that is charging you. I think the guy is just full of himself. Kudos to dad for what he did, even though he only had a "folding knife".

I "talked down a dog" that was creeping closer and closer to me on a brush clearing job the other day. I didn't have the metal-bladed weed eater in hand though. To be fair, I think it just wanted to posture and didn't want to go past its property line.

Both times I used "command voice" and both times had pepper spray in hand. I'd have HATED to spray it as the owner is a neighbor of mine (I was clearing another neighbor's property of brush) so it would have been "a thing" but I'd rather have a pissed off neighbor than his dog bite me.

Funny thing was both times it took a leak on a nearby tree while barking at me.......first time I was very tempted to do the same thing as I had to go and there were plenty of trees around. I wonder what it would have done had I also "marked my territory?"

Brush job since completed, client happy, hoping this is a reoccurring gig every few years.