CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Shooting With Strobe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've never shot with a strobe, but I'm not sure you will be able to even use the sights, especially if the target is moving. Pretty sure in a self defense scenario the target will not be stationary. Point shooting might be the way to go with a strobe. Let us know how things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I've never shot with a strobe, but I'm not sure you will be able to even use the sights, especially if the target is moving. Pretty sure in a self defense scenario the target will not be stationary. Point shooting might be the way to go with a strobe. Let us know how things work out.
    I have ambushed a few friends at night with the strobe and the reaction I got was "frozen in place." I train where I use the strobe, turn it on continuous mode, and then drop it. I believe most people will instinctively stare at the flashing light while I make good my escape or move and engage the bad guys from the side.

This will sound silly and it's fine....but life does imitate art. I got the idea for a strobing flashlight from the movie "Kick A**" and this scene in particular.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn non-police had access to such innovative tools!

Skip to 2:04 for the strobe effect in use: WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE AT THE VERY END OF THE CLIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbnqIIkXQc