Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Revolver guys: finally got my Andrews Leather "Slim Loader" pouch.

That Kimber is a classy looking piece. I want the same exact thing but with a hammer. I'm a thumb buster myself.
    Your's probably makes more sense, nothing to hang up on and sounds like the trigger is so nice single action isn't needed but I gotta have a hammer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Nice! I see when you go to the range you try out all the defense ammo.
    I like to try out a variety of viable SD ammos with any new pistol to get a feel for reliability, recoil, etc. Once the break-in period is over (is there ever really one for a revolver?), then a range session will usually consist of mostly cheap range ammo and just 20 or so rounds of my SD choice (to cycle old ammo and for familiarity).

I wanted to provide a brief update on my revolvers.

I got brave and decided to try a trigger job on the Taurus. I bought the Galloway Precision reduced weight springs, and found their install video to be extremely helpful. A few hitches and a lot of curses later, I had both springs installed. While I had it apart, I also cleaned/lubed all the internals.

Well I'll be. This little Taurus is a pretty damned good little revolver now. Trigger pull is somewhere in the 5-6 lb range, and very, very smooth. Easy to stage for precision work, too. I took it out with a variety of range and SD ammos, and I had no failures to ignite.

My Kimber will be my go-to EDC whenever clothing permits, but that Taurus will definitely see some carry time on days requiring lighter clothing.

Smith and Wesson really needs to stop resting on their laurels and get back in the game with small revolvers. There is no reason to buy a J-frame with only 5 rounds when viable options exist for 6 rounds in a similarly-sized package (and, in the case of the Taurus, a significantly CHEAPER package).

Glad you got your Taurus running good with the lighter springs.....I would love for S&W to bring back a model 632 .327 magnum revolver in a similar size as the Ruger LCR .327 mag.....I would also like to see a premium line up of heavy frame blued revolvers in the old style one piece barrel design....Colt did it with their new Python so Smith should be able to bring out a new/old style improved .357 .41 and a premium performance shop model 29 .44 mag in various barrel lengths....I think there would be a very big market for them and I would pay up to get a small perfect carry size 6 shot J frame in.327 Federal mag.....
    Last edited by getsome; 08-06-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Glad you got your Taurus running good with the lighter springs.....I would love for S&W to bring back a model 632 .327 magnum revolver in a similar size as the Ruger LCR .327 mag.....I would also like to see a premium line up of heavy frame blued revolvers in the old style one piece barrel design....Colt did it with their new Python so Smith should be able to bring out a new/old style improved .357 .41 and a premium performance shop model .29 .44 mag in various barrel lengths....I think there would be a very big market for them and I would pay up to get a small perfect carry size 6 shot J frame in.327 Federal mag.....
    Agree on all counts.

I almost grabbed an LCR in .327 when I was exploring getting back into carrying a revolver, but I just couldn't get past the plastic look. It felt good in the hand, too, and I really like the trigger. But while I can live with polymer in a semi, I guess I'm just too old school to take it a step further into the world of revolvers.

But, yeah...a J-frame with that caliber and 6 rounds would be just about perfect.