Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver guys: finally got my Andrews Leather "Slim Loader" pouch.

Cool S&W 65-3 3" Heavy Barrel 357 Magnum

I personally prefer Jet Loaders with Jet Loader pouches.
    But that's just me...

I have a question for all carrying a round revolver speedloader. I have enough trouble finding a suitable shirt that covers my IWB carry rig. How do you cover up all that extra gear?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I have a question for all carrying a round revolver speedloader. I have enough trouble finding a suitable shirt that covers my IWB carry rig. How do you cover up all that extra gear?
    I have only carried a Safariland speed loader once but I carry my Streamlight tactical light in the provided black nylon pouch on the belt. I have worn the Simply Rugged speed strip pouch on the belt for years. These things are in the open and I have never had a problem.

I will wear the Slim Loader pouch in the open as well and I am not foreseeing much in the way of issues.

In summer I wear khaki pants, black belt, my belt-carried gear, and generally a white tee shirt that I tuck into my pants every time.

I should point out that I'm trying this "solution" to spare ammo. You still have to deal with the relatively slow speed of reloading, but it at least gives the you a fighting chance (especially with practice). The upside is that the clip keeps the speed strip perfectly aligned in your pocket, so retrieving it is very easy and predictable. The other asset is that, unlike carrying a speedloader in your front pocket, this won't tie up one of your front pockets (where I typically carry a money clip and pocket knife, one on each side). My right back pocket is typically empty anyway, so that's a perfect place to keep this.

https://theneomag.com/shop/rasc/

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'm with you on all counts. I carry this now with 5 rds. of .357 and no extras. I just came back to the simplicity of operation and cleaning and so many ammo options. It's very comfortable carried in my JIT holster OWB high and tight. Riding in the car, bending over, and general carry is very comfortable. Makes life just a bit less complicated. Sometimes I carry something with a bit more capacity, depends on where I am going, but the revolver is my main squeeze.
    Is that a Ruger?

Regarding the bolded part: I, too, tend to opt for a bit more horsepower when I'm traveling great distances or know that I will be going into the big city. For those occasions, I usually grab my P365 or H&K P2000sk. But for around town, the J-frame strikes me as more than enough.

Ruger Wiley Clapp SP101...……………………..I see that great minds think alike. I like the revolver for anywhere, but for big city, or woods, I also grab an H&K P2SK in .40 cal. my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I also grab an H&K P2SK in .40 cal. my favorite.
    Exactly what I own. For a reload, I carry a USP Compact magazine with an X-Grip sleeve to give me 12 rounds. With a hot .40 self defense load, I feel like I'm pretty good...if that isn't sufficient, I suppose it just wasn't my lucky day!

That's the way I look at it. I'm not about to haul around all sorts of extra rounds and magazines and other devices. I've got my P2K with XS Big Dots and oversize mag release and Gripsaver. If that's not enough,

I don't go anywhere without at least 100 spare rounds. LOL

Part of my personal rules are "always at least one reload."

Update on Slim Loader Pouch: no one in the library, courthouse, or food store seemed to notice it. The seat belt pressing against it even seemed to make less of an impression.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Just bought a couple. See from another forum they work quite well. thanks for the info. $9.99 and $3.00 flat rate shipping from the Website.

The Zeta's came in today (4). Started playing around with them and surprised at how easy they are to load. You do have to practice a little, but then you find that groove and the rubber cover comes off very quickly.