Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into fitness? What is your daily workout?

I staved off cholesterol problems for a while by changing my eating six years ago. I was strict vegan for a year and my cholesterol improved. Have been a vegetarian for the last five and my LDL has steadily crept up. I’m lean (5’ 8” 165 lb), exercise regularly and eat right but at 61 I’m now at an elevated risk for a heart attack. Started on a statin in January and am having my cholesterol checked tomorrow.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Doc told me to lay off the sugar so my cholesterol would go down, which is what Dr. Atkins wrote about years ago. As for genetics.......I've been saying it for two years now "the rock stars have it right, LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG, AND LEAVE A GOOD LOOKING CORPSE."

Vegan, vegetarianism? Never thought I'd see those two words on a gun owner forum.

Good luck with your LDL check...hope it's down.

Cool Gym Rat

3 AM five days a week;
    Pump Iron ~38 minutes.
    Cardio ~38 minutes.

I'm 63...
    Don't have a doctor because I don't need one

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I'm doing 16 ounce curls while watching TV news coverage on the Covid-19 Chinaman virus, figured I might as well enjoy it while I can.....Oh well, I made it to 62 and had a pretty good life so I figure I'm good to go...

I'm 64 and have worked out most of my life. For years was doing 6 days a week alternating between weights one day and running the next. Now down to 4 days a week and doing both, used to do a split routine ie chest/back one day, legs the next etc, now try for at least one exercise per body part each workout. Cardio consisted of walk half mile, run two and then walk another half to cool down. Still run a 5k once in awhile. Have recently been trying running intervals and like them better. Had "borderline high" cholesterol about 5 years ago and md wanted to put me on a statin. Said no and started doing some research. Changed my diet, added some things to increase good cholesterol and stopped the bad things 'mostly the simple carbs." dropped my cholesterol from 232 to 185 and increased my good cholesterol at the same time. Been well below 200 ever since. I try to eat clean m-f. All the rules go out the window on saturdays and eat whatever i want. Strongly recommend 2 books which have helped me a lot. One is "the great cholesterol myth" written bt 2 cardiologists and the other is" wheat belly." davidr good luck with your tests tomorrow.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    3 AM five days a week;
    Pump Iron ~38 minutes.
    Cardio ~38 minutes.

I'm 63...
    Don't have a doctor because I don't need one
    3am as in like middle of the night morning? Recently retired, my day begins about 8:30 or 9 if I feel like it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    3am as in like middle of the night morning? Recently retired, my day begins about 8:30 or 9 if I feel like it.
    I noticed that too but didn't type anything.

I guess it depends on what time of the evening(?) he goes to bed! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post

Vegan, vegetarianism? Never thought I'd see those two words on a gun owner forum.

Good luck with your LDL check...hope it's down.
    For me it’s all about health. In no way shape or form is it a political statement although my son still calls me a commie for eating this way. Reading a book called “The China Study” by a well credentialed medical researcher opened my eyes to the medical issues that are caused or exacerbated by eating animal products (cancer, stroke, diabetes, heart disease). I can’t follow the live hard and die young philosophy as I have a 30 year old daughter with multiple disabilities from birth who needs constant care giving. I need to be here as long as possible for her.

And vegan was near impossible to maintain so after a year we allowed some eggs snd cheese back into the diet. We never cut out fish.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    For me it’s all about health. In no way shape or form is it a political statement although my son still calls me a commie for eating this way. Reading a book called “The China Study” by a well credentialed medical researcher opened my eyes to the medical issues that are caused or exacerbated by eating animal products (cancer, stroke, diabetes, heart disease). I can’t follow the live hard and die young philosophy as I have a 30 year old daughter with multiple disabilities from birth who needs constant care giving. I need to be here as long as possible for her.

And vegan was near impossible to maintain so after a year we allowed some eggs snd cheese back into the diet. We never cut out fish.
    That sounds like a good book. My wife is SE Asian and my uneducated observation of their culture was that those who avoided smoking and alcohol (which was a key factor) lived a much longer life more free of medical problems than the average than Americans even in the absence of regular medical care. They are as a whole more happy and there are not the mental health issues we hear about here way too often even though they are poverty stricken and live in housing that would be considered unfit for habitation here in the US. The biggest difference is their eating habits. Every day they make a trip to the market and buy fresh unpackaged unprocessed vegetables and usually fish or poultry for protein (because they are cheaper.) They are less over weight, and again they are happier. The smokers and drinkers die early of cancers, cardio, and blood presser issues (in their mid 40’s to 60.)

Makes you wonder what our processed foods are doing to us. She has been trying to feed me they way for 33 years now and for the most part successfully. What’s funny is after eating good for a while if you eat something processed you can feel the chemicals in your head.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/