Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the vintage K9.......very happy.

Default Got the vintage K9.......very happy.

I need to see if my photobucket account still works. I know they were charging fees for a bit and I never logged in again.

May I link the gunbroker ad that I won? Anyway.....

Came as advertised and is pretty nice. Trigger has a wee bit of grittiness to it......I may send it in for the Elite trigger upgrade as I have already asked Kahr about it.

The holster has clearly never been used, never on a belt at all.

I got it apart (without a breech-holder-opener-thingie) and will clean it up tomorrow. I'll try and shoot it on my way back from the gym.

I'll hit you guys with a range report then.

Update:

Tired but unable to sleep. I did a basic cleaning and that "gritty trigger" mostly went away. I think if I was to do a detailed strip and cleaning, removing striker from slide and getting down in there, all grittiness would be gone.

I lightly lubed with Rem Oil.

Is Rem Oil correct or should graphite grease (Gunslick) be used on the rails and cross pin?

Will try for shooting tomorrow before gym.

If it's stationary, or if it rolls, oil it, if it slides, grease it...………………………...just my rule of thumb. Little Rem and some chicken fat and you're good to go.

Glad you got her in your hands! Rem oil is fine. I’ve used it forever, on just about every gun. I also bought some gun grease for some of my 1911 slides, but have also used rem oil on them for years. Have not used graphite grease (powder) before, although it does sound interesting from what I’ve read, about how it builds up and fills in micro irregularities supposedly. Not sure what you are referring to when you say cross pin, but maybe you mean the slide stop/take down pin? I put rem oil on that too. Happy shooting!

Congratulations on your new to you K9! I love picking up vintage guns. Probably, be a good idea to do a detail strip/cleaning of the slide, it's not difficult. I recently picked up a new/old stock P380 and when I installed the Lakeline striker found all kinds of sludge in the striker channel. I was really surprised.

I normally grease all rails and slide stop pins/take down pins (that is what I meant by "cross pin") but I was not at my best last night/this morning.

Thanks for the compliments also.

Is there a video on a detail slide disassembly?

No time to shoot it today....helping my dad fix a sink and replace supply valves. This isn't easy as the people that built his house jerry-rigged it all together.

There is a sticky in the forum kahr-tech titled " how to detail strip a Kahr upper". That should help.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...e-Kahr-s-Upper!
    Last edited by ripley16; 03-17-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

High grip plus 9mm and 9mm +P is a joy to shoot in my 19 year old K9! Very accurate too! Have fun at the range!

Well guys, with the shutdown of all things social, I won't be testing this K9 as soon as I had hoped. I did order 50 rounds of Sellier & Bellot 115 grain for it and my P9 Covert, I have 100 rounds of Critical Defense coming, and I have some 950 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P to try in it.

The trigger seems to have lost the grittiness, due to the cleaning I assume.

When the virus passes (assuming we are OK) I hope to get back to testing this and other self defense weapons and loads.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Well guys, with the shutdown of all things social, I won't be testing this K9 as soon as I had hoped. I did order 50 rounds of Sellier & Bellot 115 grain for it and my P9 Covert, I have 100 rounds of Critical Defense coming, and I have some 950 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P to try in it.

The trigger seems to have lost the grittiness, due to the cleaning I assume.

When the virus passes (assuming we are OK) I hope to get back to testing this and other self defense weapons and loads.

It'll pass and we'll be ok. I have a bran spanking new k9 with only 130 rounds fired. Plan was to get it "broken in" (although it's been flawless thru these first rounds) with the 200 rounds as recommended but the three ranges I shoot at are closed. I really love this gun!