Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: How crazy are YOU getting about Coronavirus?

I'm obviously in the "danger" age group, but I'm not doing much differently. I still go to the stores and library and meet friends at the Waffle house for coffee nearly every afternoon. I did go over my house with Lysol once, but ran out before I finished. What's with the tissue shortage anyway? I was down to five rolls and ready to buy more, but suddenly there wasn't any to be found. I was complaining to the server at the WH Sunday, and when I left she gave me four rolls from the backroom.

I did stay home Monday and today, but that was because of the rain. I didn't want to get my brand new electric car dirty and the top was down on the Jag.

We've had people steal the TP out of the bathrooms at Tractor Supply. Some folks will steal anything.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We've had people steal the TP out of the bathrooms at Tractor Supply. Some folks will steal anything.
    Given the right circumstances, we'd nearly all steal what we needed to make it. We'd even kill for it.

Two days ago I began my TP ration, which means "wipe once and use the shower (hand held) squirter." It seems to work fine and that saves me about 2 to 5 wipes.

I generally hope in the shower after a bowel movement anyway for a grundle wash.

Got up real early yesterday and went to the local grocery and took advantage of their "only old farts from 6:00am to 8:00am". Got 10 rolls of TP for $8.99 and some delicious Danish. Got there a smidge before six and watched as a group of about 6 or 7 people stood by the doors waiting for employees to open the store. They were all within a couple of feet of each other. All I could do was shake my head. I topped off the gas tank in the car, not knowing yet whether gas stations would be on the essentials list. Picked up some extra dog food also. Been pretty quiet otherwise. I may take advantage of free state park entry and get a bit of exercise. Found out today that gas stations, and parks, and grocery, and pet supplies are all on the "essentials list". Of course, this being Wisconsin, all liquor stores are open. They knew that they couldn't deny the Cheeseheads their beer or brandy. Then the firearms come out.

I found a couple old Sears catalogs, so my worries are over, not worried anyhow. Stuff is still being shipped, when the hoarders are stocked normal folks will be able to get stuff.

No TP rationing for me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm still wiping at will..............well, not at will as a name, at will you know, at random, not at a person, at, well you know.............................................. .....

Our POS Gov'n decide to issue the "stay at home order" today. He's been following in lockstep behind the extreme liberal gov'ns from NY and CA. Not that it is making a difference in how my wife and I go about our business. She has medical conditions so she is not allowed to leave the property. I go out and get any items we need, and ask the neighbors if they need anything. My biggest worry is that I may bring this bug back, but I wash up and change clothes as soon as I get home.

The main problem I see is what I bring home with me. The only was to make sure the items I bring home are clean is to sanitize them, but they are food items. Luckily, not many cases were I live and I shop at the smaller stores, not Wally World.

I guess time will tell how this all plays out.

Your govenor may or may not be a POS, but the stay at home order is the only real prevention that we have at this time. No drug to prevent or cure it at this time. I go out for what I need, butkeep my distance from people.

The governors of water-front states should all be impeached for keeping the beaches open after closing the schools. It is just like in the movie "Jaws" where the biologist warned the beaches must be closed but the mayor kept those open for financial reasons.

Even with the National Guard aggressively patrolling the waters, the shark still got through.

I mentioned this to the local dermatologist and he agreed with the example.

If and when the hospitals get overwhelmed, the death rate jumps to 10% and then the hospitals cannot take on normal patients. We could be looking at 5 million US deaths and marshal law declared.

Seems nobody is taking care of normal patients now, they don't want you to come to the hospital or the Dr. Office. That concerns me more than the virus.

Wife said the shelves in the store weren't quite as empty, still very thin but better. Came home with a 12 pack of TP so I put the Sear catalog back in the closet and went and TP'd the neighbors house. Not a first class job, only used 3 rolls but it was good.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan