Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How crazy are YOU getting about Coronavirus?

Default How crazy are YOU getting about Coronavirus?

There is a lot of "crazy" going on right now. I actually did two "Japanese-type bows" today when two old friends wanted to shake hands. However, later, when three strangers did the same I shook hands....largely because we had just then been joking about all the craziness going on.

So I have this new-to-me K9 from Oregon, where they have some cases of Coronavirus. It's been bothering me since I got the weapon.....so....just now....I Lysol'ed the whole thing! It might not even be effective.....I don't know.....but I feel better.

What's the strangest thing you have yet done?

We got it in Washington, all schools closed for 6 weeks or possibly longer, major run on groceries, mostly Toilet Paper for some reason. Wife went to the store today and no pasta or noodles of any kind on the shelves?????
    I think the media is blowing it all out of proportion and our worthless governor doesn't help matters but guess it needs to be contained.
    Still trying to figure out who's making the money on this deal.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My state, as of yesterday when I last heard anything, still has no confirmed cases. And people told you "having a successful economy was a good thing!" LOL. Our lack of international airports, being landlocked, and basically being "drive through or fly over country" has protected us. I suspect the only people infected are long haul truckers, traveling medical workers, and motel clerks. Still, no confirmed cases.

Our gov. shut down all public schools yesterday and I know the local college is on a two week spring break and when classes resume, those will be via internet only.

Toilet paper is sold out, at least at the Walmart and Krogers, but I found some at a gas station near where I live. Food is still to be had at least at Walmart and Krogers as of last night. Ramon noodles were in big demand along with canned meat but I had begun buying those up early. Soup was still to be found also. I also stocked up on canned fruit. I mostly eat (well exclusively) eat fresh produce: salad, berries, apples, oranges and I will not change. I eat a decent amount of turkey and ham and eggs every day. I will continue to eat fresh meats and fruits and continue stocking up canned goods. My father (I take care of most of his needs) has agreed to do the same. Men Over Age 50 multivitamins are in big demand, but I found enough brand names to stock me to the record level of 6.5 months. I take a lot of vitamins but only aspirin is required, I now have over 3 years' worth.

We have a good stock of toilet paper as I bought that up fairly early but I will continue to grab some here and there but * do not buy up everything I find as I know there are people that need it more than I do.

I heard from two guys at the local Krogers that "people are stealing toilet paper from restaurant bathrooms" but I have not confirmed this. I do not do social media so I can't get info there.

Big talk was a fight at a local store over bottled water (odd because that comes out of the faucet and falls from the sky) that resulted in police arrest. I have tried to confirm that by talking to store employees but no luck. A general manager seemed to indicate it was untrue but he didn't see sure.

Local hardware store was busy as every yesterday, people have to fix things, me among them.

General consensus here is: media is out to get Trump and people agree with me, social media and the general addiction to smart phones are driving people really crazy over this. Social media and smartphones make people crazy anyway.........but this is a whole new level. One has to eat before they can poop, yet TP is the main thing. That just shows how social media controls its devotees.

Local restaurants seem to be doing just fine. Gym has not complained of a loss of patrons. The hardcore people I know were at the gym last night, two that are in their 60's but they are both ripped up and thus, very healthy. I had one of my best runs and bike times in weeks last night.

Gym's hand sanitizer is seeing a lot more use....but no one has stolen it yet. Staff told me they are cleaning all surfaces on the hour and do not want "anyone getting sick from here."

I don't want to stop going to the gym as my workout is really showing results and I am definitely rebuilding my lung capacity. I can, with some work, renovate my basement into a P90X gym and I have all the dumb bells, bands, chin up bar, and videos that go with it as I bought the whole set some years ago. It's a great workout, worth every penny, but I just enjoy the gym and don't want to renovate right now.

I will though if cases show up locally.....I don't want to get my dad sick.

My GF's friend has recovered from the virus and was released, but she is in Jakarta, Indonesia.

More worried about Text Message drivers more than the Virus. Even worse are Text message drivers panicking over toilet paper as they rush to the store. Unfortunately none of these SOB's will make the news. And of course they will kill more than the virus.

Personally, I think the whole thing is a case of mass hysteria. The sky is not falling, and we need to get a grip. Thus far, 39 deaths have been attributed to the virus, and these folks would have probably died from the common cold. 39 deaths is a Saturday night in Chicago. .0000011% of the population. How many of these overblown diseases were going to wipe out humanity in the last 20 years or so? H1N1, Swine flu, AIDS, Mad Cow Disease, and on and on. Keep calm and carry on.

Really, more toilet paper? It is not one of the common symptoms. How much toilet paper do you really need for two weeks of living. PANIC,PANIC, PANIC. A week ago when I first heard about the run on toilet paper I left it on the shelf at the store for fools to buy. I had my normal supply of a few weeks. I may end up catching lizards and eating them, but I'm not going to hoard.

No craziness, yet, but I trust my immune system and love a bargain, so I am ~this~ close to jumping on one of those Hawaii air fare deals. Seeing the vacant streets in Italy has me itching to go. Main thing holding me back, is that everything's shut down, so I wouldn't enjoy those front row views at the museums, anyway. Sure would be nice to go visit Pompeii with no one around . . .

I’m not overly concerned but I do think this is serious. There are a lot of unknowns about the virus but it does spread easily and is very dangerous for old people and those with certain conditions. I’m a bit concerned about my household as my wife recently finished cancer treatment, my daughter has great difficulty with respiratory ailments and my 88 year old mother in law is a big part of our lives. That being said, my wife and I did a little grocery shopping this morning and had breakfast out. The grocery store was busier than normal and had some empty shelves but wasn’t too crazy.

Things are going to get worse before they get better. The government is going to try to “be out in front of this” and that likely means a shutdown of bars and restaurants and some shutdown of non-essential retail. What’s most important is that we have no interruption in energy, food and pharmaceutical supplies.

My biggest retail concern right now is that my LGS stays open for a few more days as my Sig 365 XL from Buds will arrive there Tuesday.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Has anyone added Spare Toilet Paper to their every day carry? (Think about it) Be prepared. This is going to turn into a crappy mess.

This may fit here.
    "Never pet a burning dog"