Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't look Bawanna...more plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Guess I lied earlier but just a little white lie and momma says a little white lie never hurt nobody.
    The mag release on the Italian is in fact tupperware or was until I swapped it out with a metal one I had in my treasure drawer.

The trigger is tupperware as well but for now at least I don't think I'll swap it out till we get out and play some. It seems to fit fairly well, not perfect but not bad. The pull is just a tad heavy but completely tolerable as well.
    Lie - a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
    No sir, not your style.

I also swapped out my mag release. I don't mind the poly trigger (as you say it fits fairly well); I guess I got used to them in factory Colts.
    I did a little spring bending to take mine from tolerable to decent

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Does it all come apart like a metal 1911, not little tricks inside there? The main spring housing I know was the same. The mag release was the same but kind of strange. I couldn't use the screw that was in the plastic one, like it was rough machined or not right. It got stuck, took effort to get it back out. Found another one to use with the metal in the magic drawer. (which is nearly depleted, need to find some more stuff to fill it back up.
    I didn't look when I had it apart to see if it was series 70 or 80. I even read the manual and they mentioned a drop safety notch but I don't think that's the same thing the way it was worded.

No matter, I got the grip tape on the front strap and I think we're ready for a maiden voyage or at least a maiden.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Does it all come apart like a metal 1911, not little tricks inside there? The main spring housing I know was the same. The mag release was the same but kind of strange. I couldn't use the screw that was in the plastic one, like it was rough machined or not right. It got stuck, took effort to get it back out. Found another one to use with the metal in the magic drawer. (which is nearly depleted, need to find some more stuff to fill it back up.
    I didn't look when I had it apart to see if it was series 70 or 80. I even read the manual and they mentioned a drop safety notch but I don't think that's the same thing the way it was worded.

No matter, I got the grip tape on the front strap and I think we're ready for a maiden voyage or at least a maiden.
    The innards are the same and it's series 70.
    Manual? We don't need no stinkin' manual....I'd guess they are talking about the notch on the hammer that catches a hammer that fails to engage the full-cock notch when being cocked. Some calls it a half cock notch....others, a quarter cock notch...other still, a safety notch.
    Good shooting to you.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That's exactly the way I understood it, a half cock notch. I'm happy it's series 70, one less little piece to mess with.

I was reluctant to mention I read the manual for fear of reprisals and for what it's worth I didn't learn anything from reading it but at least I can say I did my due diligence for what tiny little bit that might be worth.

I hung a light on it just to see how the light rail worked out and it worked fine. It most likely will never have a light on it unless it goes in the night stand. I keep one on the (G word 45) I keep in the night stand.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

G-word, say it ain’t so!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Bean a, good that you keep it hidden. You know how rumors start and grow.

Bwanna, good that you keep it hidden. You know how rumors start and grow.

I get it. “Government model” *wink*
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Yeah, lets go with that "Government model". I don't need a vigilante lynch mob coming to the house. But if yall do, let me know we'll have a BBQ and a day drinking party. Sasperilla for those who don't imbibe of the devils kool aid.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Yeah, lets go with that "Government model". I don't need a vigilante lynch mob coming to the house. But if yall do, let me know we'll have a BBQ and a day drinking party. Sasperilla for those who don't imbibe of the devils kool aid.
    Barbecue at Bawanna's place? Lynch mob or not, there's got be a dress code.
    Can I come?

forum image host