CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Don't look Bawanna...more plastic

Why not just brick in a room in the man cave and add a safe door to it? Wimmins can have walk-in closets for shoes and such, why can't we have a walk-in gun safe??

I've thought of that very thing. What I need is one room for the toys and another for working on them, making grips, and stuff.

Thought about moving the work stuff out to the shop but then I'm making a 100 trips from the room to the shop and carrying guns which I have a tendency to drop as I'm driving the chair.

Went through that at work at the PD. Had all my tools at my desk. Then they put in a cleaning room with a little corner for me with lockable drawers etc. Girls didn't like the smell of Hoppe's and oil and such or the sound of actions working just the other side of the cubicle wall. So then even the simplest task I had to go to the other end of the building to get stuff.

The perfect solution is a man cave twice as big as I got, but like you say all walled in, (maybe firing ports) with a vault door. And just live with the sawdust all over everything, sawdust is good. If it had a 25 yard shooting tunnel out one wall that would be just the best.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I got a shiny new Garrett Silent Thunder for the Italian 1911. One word AWESOME. They are usually a ways out on delivery and I got this one I think in less than 2 weeks.

Look at that lovely leather lining inside and it smells really nice too.

I like the new style of belt clip they come with now too. Hooks on positive yet easy to remove. My only thing is I seem to go through clips but not too often and I'm more careful now not to over work them going on and off.

It fits like the proverbial glove, just perfectly. Been wearing it since it arrived and it rides much better than I expected. Full size 5'' isn't usually as comfy as my commanders, goofy half inch makes a lot of difference but this one seems to work.
    And it's light, yup really liking it.
    Nearly had a goof up ordering. Sheryl (very nice lady and coowner at Garrett) thought it was a Witness Pro, a CZ 75 knock off, fortunately we got it cleared up before production.

Playing with it I found that it didn't seem to like all 1911 magazines. The ones it came with worked fine, some others did but a lot didn't.
    Miraculously I found the little notch at the front of the mag well was just a bit long. And some mags wouldn't quite seat. A couple minutes with a file to remove a bit and all work perfectly now. Life is good.

I'm not a paid endorser for Garrett but certainly a repeat customer and couldn't ask for nicer folks to deal with.
    Discounts for LE and military active and "retired". Don't get much better.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am very happy with a cheap WINTHROP holster off of e bay....it was $forty something. Very comfortable and fits good.
    I would of uploaded a picture but Kahr forum seems to FAIL ALOT on photo uploads, not sure why?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

You’re teasing us with those green camo looking grips lurking in the background. I haven’t seen grips like those before.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    You’re teasing us with those green camo looking grips lurking in the background. I haven’t seen grips like those before.
    Those are spoken for but I have enough of that same wood to make several more sets. I'll post when I get some done. Debating on checkering them. I'm near positive the figure and color will show through fine but I don't want to ruin them if I'm wrong.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thumbs up

GREEN!!! and camo?.....oh my!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Bet GREEN camo round butt checkered would look great on my NIGHTMARE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

I bet it would, that's an interesting round on that round butt, more round than most I've seen.
    I think I know where that wood came from, kind of a confusing mess around here at the moment. I thought I had a bunch already to go but that turns out to be something else. Working a set now to see what it looks like.

I'll keep this one in mind as I sort things out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well I'm in luck, that nice camo looking wood is the stuff I did several pieces of in the vacuum tank. It looked kind of bluish but once finished and oiled it turns that camo look.
    Gonna work another set and try checkering to see if the looks shows through. I suspect it will just fine.
    I'm kind of happy to make this discovery and I don't mind saying so. I think I have a bunch more thats still raw. Might try using a different color or clear and see what comes out. Soon as I save up for more juice.........
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan