Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P380 Extractor Chain, Old vs New

Default P380 Extractor Chain, Old vs New

I received my new $299 Black Diamond P380 the other day. It had some issues with some cheap Maxx Tech ammo but Armscor ran like butter. 150 rounds total. Fail to extract was the main issue with the cheap stuff. I usually had to stick my finger in the chamber to get the casing out of the chamber. I’m guessing oversized? No concerns about this from me.

i noticed the extractor tension was noticeable less in my new P380, even with the rear extractor pinned shortened slightly. I decided to break both guns down and compare. Here is a picture. The rear pin is now noticeably shorter. So it looks like Kahr has been listening and I’m willing to bet now that the Issues with their 380s have decreased significantly. Now...I wonder how long the striker will last.😀

I've included a picture of the two for your enjoyment. D8D1B2C4-81F5-4AC8-A2CA-30193228F34A.jpg6D849468-2933-49FF-B688-5016A4667214.jpg
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Great picture.

Lakeline will eliminate your striker worries.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Great picture.

Lakeline will eliminate your striker worries.
    Yes, I have one in the first one after 4-5 breaks!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

So apparently the $299 pistols are recent production. I have been wondering if they were old stock that had been sitting on someone’s shelf for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Gunner View Post
    So apparently the $299 pistols are recent production. I have been wondering if they were old stock that had been sitting on someone’s shelf for years.
    I just picked up a p380 with 4 mags for $450. I know that dealers are gouging on prices due to the current state of our nation, but was this a good deal?

I immediately took my new kahr out and shot 200+ rounds as recommended. I experience no malfunctions except for the slide locking back a couple times when there was still ammo in the mag (shooting remington range ammo). I chalked this malf up to my high and tight grip - I have had the same issue with many other pistols. Fired 100 rds of various carry ammo with 0 malfs. Has been my new go-to carry since then.

Is there a way I can tell if I have an older or newer model? Please explain what you are talking about when you say recent production $299 pistols.

This is the $299 deal: https://shoot-straight.com/product/k...-380-acp-2-53/ still shows 37 in stock. I think you'll have to contact Kahr to find out the production date of your P380. My SN RE08XX . I may contact them myself. I was just comparing my new purchase to one I bought in 2014. A lot of members believe the extractor on these has always been to tight causing feeding problems. We have resorted to various methods to reduce the tension. One was reducing the length of the back pin. The pin on my new P380 (which I assume is "recent" production) is much shorter than the pin on my older P380. congrats on your new purchase, BTW!!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Gunner View Post
    I have no doubt these are NOT old models that have been sitting on shelves. Cannot be too old, look at the serial #location on the grip and not under the barrel. What this is IMO is discontinued product. Look at the stock #Kp3834. Notice the newer models have a "N" after the KP3834. Which stands for night sights. These have combat sights. Which is actually my Preference anyway. When I put a night sight on, I only want a front sight. I have been point shooting for years and found that rear sights just cause too much distraction and just not need for these fast little guns. I will either blacken out the rear sight or buy one from already blackened. Most like just do it my self like I did for my Nano's. MY comes in tomorrow. The first thing I will do is a good cleaning, The rack the slide and let the recoil spring take a Set. Same with the mags.

KR - not saying anything about new/old stock.

The night sight models have coexisted with the combat sight models for a lot of years.

The serial number has also always been on the grip, unlike other caliber models. Nothing new here either.

That was a great deal - enjoy your new P380!

I emailed Kahr yesterday and received a reply this morning. The production date of my new P380, RE08xx is 1/28/2020 .
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Make sure you sniff the box - I love that new Kahr smell.