Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Trijicon tritium front w/factory rear on CW9?

Default Trijicon tritium front w/factory rear on CW9?

Anyone using the Trijicon tritium front sight on their CW9 with the factory rear sight? Is the Trijicon front sight the right height for that? Is the dot overall the same diameter as the factory front white dot? I like the factory sights on my CW9 but for two things:
    1) The plastic front sight is too easily broken, and
    2) I would like a tritium front.

Curious whether anyone has used this combo, whether or how well it works, and what you think of the combo overall.

Thanks!

I do, but it’s a P9. No problems at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bulwnkl View Post
    Anyone using the Trijicon tritium front sight on their CW9 with the factory rear sight? Is the Trijicon front sight the right height for that? Is the dot overall the same diameter as the factory front white dot? I like the factory sights on my CW9 but for two things:
    1) The plastic front sight is too easily broken, and
    2) I would like a tritium front.

Curious whether anyone has used this combo, whether or how well it works, and what you think of the combo overall.

Thanks!
    I had that combo on my CW9 and CM9. I eventually went with a Trijicon rear sight on the CW9 and gifted the CM9 to a Marine Corps buddy, so it's been a while since I've played with this. If I remember correctly, the Trijicon and OEM are very slightly different in height, but close enough in size that there isn't much difference in how they shoot. I think the CM9 might have shot slightly closer to the OEM sight than the CW9 did, but that could be just be poor recollection. The dots were also close in size.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks to both of you, and thanks for the pictures, Greg!

Just curious: Did you not like the white vertical bar on the rear sight, or did some come without the white paint?

Looks like it'll work fine for me to go with the Trijicon front and leave the rear in place.

Just curious: Did you not like the white vertical bar on the rear sight, or did some come without the white paint?

Looks like it'll work fine for me to go with the Trijicon front and leave the rear in place.
    That’s a personal preference, some like the Heinie style, some rear blacked out, I’m using dead tritium rears cuz I’m too lazy to swap out to the stock one. Also my tritium ones are steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As jokester945 writes "personal preference".... a bit of acetone took the white off. I've not seen a factory new, bar rear sight without the white paint.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I've never seen a factory post sight unpainted either. Many folks (personal preference) prefer the black sight. I run black rear on many of mine that aren't equipped with night rear sights. Works for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I put a Tritium front sight on my CW45 and it works well with the factory rear. The dotting the i (eye) concept that Kahr uses was originally developed by the Germans and installed on the Sigs. I love this combination as it keeps the sight picture uncluttered, as in not trying to line up three dots in a hurry. Just find the front sight and focus on it. Fast acquisition for me. just use the rear white line as an index to windage. In low light all you're going to see is that green dot glowing at you.