CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK9 Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    Well the MK9 brings me up to 4 Kahrs, 2 poly and 2 steel. Handling them back to back it seems to me that the MK9 and K9 seem far smoother (for lack of a better word) than their polymer brothers. I can't really explain it. They all have great triggers but on the steel guns every thing seems to snick into place when operated. The difference is quite noticeable, wish I could explain it better. Not bashing the polymer Kahrs, I'm pleased with mine! I just thought the difference between polymer and steel would be just the weight, the steel ones just seem like a bank vault Swiss watch kind of gun.
    I agree. I have Kahrs from all three lines, and the steel ones are just better. The trigger on my T9 is so smooth and light. It's a pleasure to shoot. The build quality on the steel Kahr pistols is as good as any of the high end production 1911s I've handled.

Kimbers are no better made than a steel Kahr. SIGs are no better made than a steel Kahr. I think I am going to add a steel Kahr in .40 S&W in the future. People have given me a bunch of .40 recently, and my only .40 pistol is an HK USP Compact 40 which I don't shoot very much because it's my only DA/SA pistol, and I don't carry a DA/SA.

I agree with the build quality of the steel frame models, still regret letting go of my K9, it will need to be replaced one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    That would explain it, the K9 feels like a mini Hi Power to me. I was saddened when the Hi Power was put out to pasture a couple of years back. Fortunately for us fans 80+ years of production means they can still be found.
    Oh ya. I have like 9 HP's now I think. 3 Belgian alloy frames, 2 Izzy marked, 2 .40's, and 2 commercial 9's. Two of mine are the "practical" model. I want to convert one of the Izzy and one of the alloy framed ones into a carry/defensive handgun.
    '