Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Bug Out for when the Hard times come.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    My Sub2000 suddenly seems like a good idea after all. It can hide in a backpack and hold 30-round mags of 9mm to match my M&P.
    Bingo. I’ve looked at those too as an option. Super light weight too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I also am glad I got a Ruger 9mm carbine, using Glock mags.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Sub 2000 is a piece of junk. Friend had one.....now in his case he never learned how to clean a gun, ever, so that may have been why it was crap when I borrowed it.

I haven’t cleaned mine much, it runs perfectly. He just got a bad one.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I think any Kel Tec is hit or miss. You might get a good one and you might get a bad one.
    I’ve read most of the newer sub-2000s have the bugs worked out.

Thing is a basic Ruger PC Carbine around here was about $450 which wasn’t too bad.

BUT... since ?I have the CZ Scorpion maybe I don’t need anything.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It is obvious that the term "Bug Out" or back pack firearm has different meaning for different people. I only was joking about using the Bug out for Zombies. In real life I cannot think of any reason I would have any desire to have Sub 200 or similar gun or rifle. That is unless you are actually planning for a full scale Zombie attack. In the meantime, I still carry my 380 or 5 shot Snubbie. I know others on the internet will laugh at such under powered, low round count. I have to say, I do get a good chuckle at vision ofsomeone blowing away a little rabbit for food with a AR or Sub 2000. Some will need a 30 round mag. One shot with a 22.cal does the job for me. Heck, I even have shot many with a Pellet gun. (own some very nice High end custom Pellet rifles)

Yep, they are coming.

We have other guns 'cause they're fun.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Default Sub2000

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I havenÂ’t cleaned mine much, it runs perfectly. He just got a bad one.
    Absolutely, no issues with mine either. Well not entirely true...whenever I let someone at the range try it they want to shoot up all the 9mm.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Bugout or not, that is one cool gun if you wanted some options. I sold my Ruger convertable 38/.357/9mm to a gut with a cabin and he loves the multi caliber option.
    Me. I am too old to bug out. I will pull a Butch and Sundance and come out the door with a AR running as fast as I can pull the trigger aiming at the tannerite strapped to the propane tank I threw there first.

The friggin Zombies won't know what hit them and neither will I.
    Remember the Alamo!
    Last edited by 340pd; 03-26-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I learned a long time ago that not one single firearm would answer every one of my needs, hence I have the firearms I need to cover all of my needs. And probably a few that are just fun and serve no need. I also don't play the "if you could only have one..." game.

As for a bug out location, I live in mine. Not really defensible in a military situation, but most folks will take off as fast as they can if bullets start flying. So I'm not worried about any of that, particularly from zombies.