Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Did you realize that if you place one of your testicles on the opening of a coke bottle, warm the bottle in hot water then pack the bottle in ice, the result is the creation of a suction that will suck your testicle into the bottle? Really.
    If anyone has tried this and knows how to get it out, please call me right away. Please !
    ( Asking for a Friend )
    Way too much time in the house. Virus or not you need a drive through the country for a change of scenery.

Trust me, I went out yesterday first time since Sunday. Drove to the outdoor range out in the country around dark (26 miles away) emptied 1 magazine into some clays at the 25 yard berm, then took a different route home.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Way too much time in the house. Virus or not you need a drive through the country for a change of scenery.

Trust me, I went out yesterday first time since Sunday. Drove to the outdoor range out in the country around dark (26 miles away) emptied 1 magazine into some clays at the 25 yard berm, then took a different route home.
    All jokes aside, a drive is relaxing and releases some pent up "cabin fever" we all have by now. Glad you got out a bit.

Tomorrow I plan to mow my grass with a pushmower plus ride my bike around the mall for about 10 miles.

The dog and I took a drive out to one of the local lakes about a week ago to see if there was any soft water yet (I drove, even though the dog wanted to.) Still covered in ice with a little bit opened up by the inlet. Will head out again next week as we have some much warmer weather ahead of us. Wanting to get my canoe out and do some fishing. Guess I need to dig my canoe out of the snow before I can go fishing.

"All jokes aside, a drive is relaxing and releases some pent up "cabin fever" we all have by now. Glad you got out a b

I GOT OFF MY 14 DAY QUARENTINE TODAY. BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE IN NC. I'M USED TO BEING VERY ACTIVE AND ALTHOUGH I TRIED TO STAY BUSY AND GET SOME THINGS
    DONE AT HOME JUST ABOUT HAD IT BEING COOPED UP. I WENT FOR A DRIVE TODAY AS WELL. FEELS SO GOOD TO BE FREE AGAIN.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    "All jokes aside, a drive is relaxing and releases some pent up "cabin fever" we all have by now. Glad you got out a b

I GOT OFF MY 14 DAY QUARENTINE TODAY. BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE IN NC. I'M USED TO BEING VERY ACTIVE AND ALTHOUGH I TRIED TO STAY BUSY AND GET SOME THINGS
    DONE AT HOME JUST ABOUT HAD IT BEING COOPED UP. I WENT FOR A DRIVE TODAY AS WELL. FEELS SO GOOD TO BE FREE AGAIN.
    14 day quarantine? Did you have it? Were you exposed to someone that did? Self-imposed caution thing?

Well dad had another meltdown today, again over handwashing, but this one was very minor compared to last week. He raised his voice, eyes focused and brow lowered, began to get up to "show me how he did it." He contradicted himself only once, which I questioned. This time I remained Zen. I find calm reason is the best way to handle emotional outbursts, no matter who from.

He's under a lot of pressure and he's never been able to communicate very well, even when completely calm.

Afterwards I reminded myself how it is "the goal to keep us alive and to get him to do as I wish and not the goal to win an ego battle." If I learn how to remain Zen out of this, it'll be a huge personal victory.

I don't get the whole cabin fever thing myself, I love staying home, any day I don't have to go someplace is a great day. I got plenty to do around here to entertain myself. I order toys and supplies, tools etc on line. Wife does the shopping for provisions so other than going to work 1 or 2 days a week I don't go anyplace and hopefully that won't change when all this hocus pocus passes.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I once lived where the nearest neighbor was a half a mile away and it was easy to stay home. I'd go a week to two weeks and never go to town. Only went to town when I needed something.

I'm good.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I'm good.

When I go out I wear a N95 mask (I have 10,000 in my warehouses and my boys will be happy to deliver you one for the small price of $50.00 and your first-born child). LOL. I do have a small stock of masks I bought a few years ago from Lowes. I wear one with my grinding shield over it.

Concerning the pic above, when I walk into a store, I will often tell the clerk this: "a month ago you'd think I was a splatter-fearing robber but now you think this is normal." Welcome to the crazy.

Other than the gym and gun range, I didn't go out much either. No real big deal to me but I am a very outgoing person and I had made a ton of new friends at the gym and had begun to see them outside of the gym. Out to eat, get togethers, have them over to help me move something heavy, etc.

I been wearing a mask the last couple days only cause I been making Coco Bolo sawdust, a lot of it. Stuff makes ya sick but it's so pretty and nice wood. Transforming a block of it into another set of T9 grips. Almost there and haven't screwed up yet. Happy day.
    Probably ready for checkering tomorrow. Day 3 just to get to checkering. Wish I knew how to work and had a CNC machine. Could do it in 10 minutes.

Ok, how bout 6 squares of TP and a small body of hand sanitizer for 2 mask? I got a few, no worries.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."