Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

If I wore out in public the hat a friend gave me, I’d probably get no service in the local TexMex joints and my lawn mowing crew would disappear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Nice one.

I had an "NYPD" hat for a time....if I wore it in NY would my food get spat in? SMH.

Continuing to stain shelves for my dad. Later on today I'll go to my gym and do two rounds of P90X. I missed yesterday but I think I can do two rounds today with a break in between.

A Cajun friend of mine in Las Vegas is getting through the crisis with a couple of these Bloody Marys on weekends.

JD, bacon, leftover babybacks, & jalapeño stuffed olives.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Looks disgusting. LOL

My dad'd neighbor is coping by pretending there is no virus. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    A Cajun friend of mine in Las Vegas is getting through the crisis with a couple of these Bloody Marys on weekends.

JD, bacon, leftover babybacks, & jalapeño stuffed olives.
    I want that!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This is the best (worst) I can do at a local Sunday brunch...
    -Rudyard Kipling

Las Vegas hasn’t been doing so well either...
    -Rudyard Kipling

Gotta make some of these masks!
    -Rudyard Kipling

This working from home is great, I'm sitting at my desk looking out at the back yard watching a big ole Hawk sitting on the fence checking out the neighbors cat....He Ain't Skeered of no virus!!!.....Kitty Cat, it's what's for dinner

Dad had another melt down yesterday, for a few seconds I expected him to strike me. Why? My drug addicted scam artist sister came over. She has ruined two marriages, her children put into foster care, her children will not allow her over to their houses due to so much of her theft and arguments. My sister has a long criminal history including grand larceny. She is marred to a man 20 years older than her who was dishonorably discharged, as far as my Marine nephew and I can tell from the way he talks.

I refuse to acknowledge her presence. I lock up dad's checkbooks and guns (it appears she stole two of his handguns, one of which I bought and has stolen and forged mom's checks). The car they bought her she succeeded in getting her name on the title, then she gave to her drug dealing boyfriend. I lock up the bedrooms when she comes to keep her out. Dad doesn't fully trust her at his house so he pushes her off on his sister. My sister bragged about stealing $10,000 dollars cash she found in an elderly lady's house when she was a maid.

I lock up dad's bedrooms when she visits because she stole mom's jewelry back in 2017 and then wore it to my mother's funeral.

OK. I no longer acknowledge her presence. She was sitting in the living room and I went by to the bathroom. She began calling my name. I ignored her. BOOM. She started SCREAMING. Then dad started yelling my name. I walked off.

Later, she was in the bathroom and dad was at the front door. I walked to him and asked him to "please not try to force me to speak with people I do not want to." My sister must have very good hearing as I was nearly whispering. The bathroom door was closed. She bounded out, and began cursing, saying I "was not a good Christian" how "she can't take it," then she began making physical threats of violence. All at the top of her lungs.

I went back to my room but told her "threats are felonies." She then said "YOU JUST COME OVER HERE!" while making the classic "come here gesture." I calmly replied "generally the person making the threat goes to the target, not the other way around."

She walked out to dad's car. I calmly told my father "please do not force me to speak with anyone I do not want to." HE WENT BALLISTIC. "I CAN'T TAKE YOU ANYMORE! YOU CREATE PROBLEMS FOR ME!" all while pounding on his chest. I backed up. He came closer. I backed up again, he came closer. I remained calm though, never raised my voice, and stayed objective. "Dad, she is the one screaming and cursing, not me." Dad yelled again "YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SMART....COLLEGE BOY!"

He left, taking her to stay with my aunt.

While he was gone I cleaned the kitchen floor, cleaned off the kitchen table, and cleaned his bathroom. He is a bit of a hoarder and never could remember where he put things.

He came back last night, was impressed with the newly-cleaned counter tops and bathroom and acted as if nothing at all had happened.

So.....thoughts?
    Last edited by I_Like_Turtles; 06-14-2020 at 03:02 PM.