Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

Why are you still living there?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

More and more I think the same thing but if I moved out, my sister would move in, my parents' savings would be spent, the house sold for taxes, my sister back on welfare, and my dad would die in a nursing home. If he lived through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Why are you still living there?

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    More and more I think the same thing but if I moved out, my sister would move in, my parents' savings would be spent, the house sold for taxes, my sister back on welfare, and my dad would die in a nursing home. If he lived through it.
    That sounds like an intolerable situation which, if not handled properly, could be dangerous for your dad’s long term well being. Your sister sounds like a person who is beyond redemption and will crap all over you and make you appear to be the bad guy.

My advice would be to contact a good family law lawyer, have your dad evaluated (as he has obvious elder mental issues, possibly dementia) and go before a family court judge to explain with documentation the situation with your criminal sister’s history & behavior and how she affects dad.

Get power of attorney, and then a restraining order against her to stay awa, or at the very least limit her contact with your dad (only under your supervision like a child custody case). Yes, your dad will probably blow his top, but he is clearly not capable of making rational decisions when it comes to dealing with your sister. If you do not do these steps, then your dad’s end of life years are going to be miserable, IMO.

That is up to you of course. But there is no way anyone in my family would allow a person like your sister to have any control or influence over any other member of the family, much less an elder who has exhibited declining judgement.

Best of luck for a good outcome.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I appreciate all of that and it's basically the plan I came up with after calling an older friend of mine today while dad was taking my sister back to her husband.

I'm calling the attorney that made out their wills. The will that says in very big, all capitals letters "MY DAUGHTER IS TO GET NOTHING AT ALL."

My sister was taken out of the will when she forged the stolen checks.