Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

I use online banking and my debit card or a credit card... the latter more lately because of the "rewards". USAA lets me turn the rewards directly into cash in my checking account or pay towards credit card account balances. My local bank makes me redeem for stuff or gift cards for a premium.

I noticed a "no guns" sign one time at the C.U. but I ignored it, as I do for the Navy BX store offbase... since the attacks in Chattanooga a few years ago. I can protect myself, since they don't even check ID's and have no guards that I see in the offbase BX area

I have been ignoring the no guns signs for base entry for over 20 years. I have to get there and back through Indian territory... if you remember the old days with settlers and forts... leaving your guns at home was CRAZY!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Be very careful using your debit card...………………………..lots of crooks out there. It's so easy for them to steal info.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Be very careful using your debit card...………………………..lots of crooks out there. It's so easy for them to steal info.
    Agreed, in fact, a couple years ago I requested (and received) an ATM card with no debit capability and no rfid chip, so it couldn't be read remotely by a thief. Since then, they've updated their policy to limit customer liability to $50 for fraud or theft of a debit/atm card, so I no longer bother. I have never used a card in debit mode, though.

On the subject of banking, I made a multiple 4-figure overseas purchase (Belgium), and was appalled at the currency exchange rate and surcharges from PayPal and my bank. Google led me to TransferWise. Seemed legit, so I gave it a shot, and everything went swimmingly. A much better exchange rate, reasonable fee, and very quick transaction that saved me several hundred dollars. If someone has a better service, let me know, but otherwise, keep Transferwise in mind if you have the need. Might save you some money. Also, let me know if you're going to use it, so I can send you a link - we would both benefit from a referral signup.

Turtle's gasoline purchase: I tanked up yesterday (first time since March) and was thrilled to *only* pay $2.49/gallon. A lot of my peers are casting wandering eyes outside of California . . . . all of you free state folks, heed my words: gird yourselves for a blue immigrant wave. Maybe change your voting laws to exclude us Calfornians so we don't spread our political pollution ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Agreed, in fact, a couple years ago I requested (and received) an ATM card with no debit capability and no rfid chip, so it couldn't be read remotely by a thief. Since then, they've updated their policy to limit customer liability to $50 for fraud or theft of a debit/atm card, so I no longer bother. I have never used a card in debit mode, though.

On the subject of banking, I made a multiple 4-figure overseas purchase (Belgium), and was appalled at the currency exchange rate and surcharges from PayPal and my bank. Google led me to TransferWise. Seemed legit, so I gave it a shot, and everything went swimmingly. A much better exchange rate, reasonable fee, and very quick transaction that saved me several hundred dollars. If someone has a better service, let me know, but otherwise, keep Transferwise in mind if you have the need. Might save you some money. Also, let me know if you're going to use it, so I can send you a link - we would both benefit from a referral signup.

Turtle's gasoline purchase: I tanked up yesterday (first time since March) and was thrilled to *only* pay $2.49/gallon. A lot of my peers are casting wandering eyes outside of California . . . . all of you free state folks, heed my words: gird yourselves for a blue immigrant wave. Maybe change your voting laws to exclude us Calfornians so we don't spread our political pollution ;-)
    Stupidity is doing the same thing over again, expecting a different result. People will flee NY and CA but keep voting for the same party that made them move before. I have an uncle like that.

Default Rhoback Victory Masks arrived!

We just got our Rhoback Victory Masks. Wifey wants to wash them before we use them. I don't see the need to add any extra filtering. The flag on the mask is a small heat transfer.

The masks are light and comfy with a moldable stiffener in the edge at the top of the nose... fits well. It's much more comfortable and easier to get on and off without having to remove your hat and glasses.

I wear my Kahr hat when I'm out and masked, not this one... don't want to have to show anyone my Kahr.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Love the hat, I'm not a mask kind of guy myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You da man Wyn! Trump 2020 is our only hope during this mess....

I bought two of those hats... a black one and a grey one. I didn't get a red one because those are automatically "targets" for Leftist wackos!

I wear my Kahr cap because most people aren't familiar with the name. I did have a guy in Walmart tell me that he had one a few days ago.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I bought two of those hats... a black one and a grey one. I didn't get a red one because those are automatically "targets" for Leftist wackos!

I wear my Kahr cap because most people aren't familiar with the name. I did have a guy in Walmart tell me that he had one a few days ago.

Good thinking! Red caps are fine in WV.....but I do the same. I don't think they know what Kahr is.

I have a "WILSON COMBAT" sticker on my ski helmet and in several years of riding with that on only two people have ever asked about it. Now my last trip to Vermont, a guy in my class did ask! Turned out he was a competition shooter and exclusively shot a WC. To my pleasant surprise, there were no crazy leftists in the ski group, including the instructor.

I had a Karabiner K 31 hat dedicated to the K31 rifle. It was tan with a bold Swiss flag. NO ONE KNEW WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT. Once, at a ski resort in PA, I was standing in line at the lift, and since it was spring, it was fairly hot and I was wearing that cap. The lift operator assumed I was ski patrol and let me pass like 50 people! LOL

I never lied to the guy but he shouldn't make assumptions. I wish I had another one of those caps. Wore that thing out.

Went with the wife to a doctor's appt she had today. Asked if they could spare a mask or two for her, the kind that would protect her. No joy.

Went to Disneyland, the absolute belly of the beast, last year with the kids and grandbabies and purposely wore my "Come and take it" tshirt. Nobody seemed to notice or they were too afraid to look, except one guy who worked there. He whispered when I walked by, "I really like your shirt!" Surprised me a bit, but I guess he felt he had to whisper for fear of getting fired if someone heard him.