Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

I AM ON DAY 7 OF QUARENTINE WITH MY WIFE.

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Funny.

Unhappy At least I still have a job, for now

Mom and dad are hunkered down.
    Daughter just got laid off.
    I'm on 100% work from home.
    Gym closed.
    Life is not good...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Mom and dad are hunkered down.
    Daughter just got laid off.
    I'm on 100% work from home.
    Gym closed.
    Life is not good...
    But it is going to get worse. My GF's friend....her mother was a dance instructor (read "seriously fit") but she was 60. She died of Coronovirus this week. So it's hitting closer and closer to home now.

There is a lot of bad news out there. But i have some good news at least for me. I'm on day 11 of quarentine after having had contact with someone who had the virus. So far symptom free. kind of getting a preview of retirement. Been working out at home, picking up the guitar again, doing little jobs around the house that been putting off for "someday." wife decided was a good time to paint the bedroom. We have moved all the furniture and did all the prep work today. Plan to start painting tomorrow. Only bad part is that its kind of escalating though cuz now she already has new carpet picked out and now looking at curtains too.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

"Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    There is a lot of bad news out there. But i have some good news at least for me. I'm on day 11 of quarentine after having had contact with someone who had the virus. So far symptom free. kind of getting a preview of retirement. Been working out at home, picking up the guitar again, doing little jobs around the house that been putting off for "someday." wife decided was a good time to paint the bedroom. We have moved all the furniture and did all the prep work today. Plan to start painting tomorrow. Only bad part is that its kind of escalating though cuz now she already has new carpet picked out and now looking at curtains too.
    Speaking as one that recently crossed over the pasture fence to the other side, you ain't seen nothing yet. Every time we get a visitor she wants to do some ridiculous makeover. Had a cousin coming (for one night mind you) so she insisted we needed new bathroom sinks and wanted to do new cabinets, I told her the cabinets weren't happening but did do the sinks, course couldn't go with a normal easy porcelain sink appropriate for a 30 year old mobile home, had to get hammered copper with fancy faucet to the tune of 300 plus (Each). Now she's threatening to paint the wall papered particle board cabinets. Will look like crap.
    And of course now the cousin ain't coming with all this virus media crisis.

On a bright side I was just swapping some power chair tires and forgot to let the air out of one before I started separating the wheel halves (kind of like the old split rims) did 3 just fine, spaced on the fourth. Had two bolts to go when it let loose, broke the wheel on the two remaining bolts, tried to take two of my left fingers, just missed my face, one half ended up on the other side of the boat, other just a few feet away. Feel like I used up another of my 9 lives, wait thats cats? How many do I get?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Some of the things we have been planning. Kind of trying to "feather the nest" a little while still have some money coming in. Definately think i'm going to like retirement when it comes for real. Hey bawanna. If i remember right i think you have some family around the charlotte area. They by far have the most confirmed cases in the state. Last i heard was 382. Dont know if you have been keeping in touch or not with them. Hope they are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    Some of the things we have been planning. Kind of trying to "feather the nest" a little while still have some money coming in. Definately think i'm going to like retirement when it comes for real. Hey bawanna. If i remember right i think you have some family around the charlotte area. They by far have the most confirmed cases in the state. Last i heard was 382. Dont know if you have been keeping in touch or not with them. Hope they are doing well.
    So far all is ok. They are my son in laws family. We have a lot of cases here in Washington as well, so far nobody I know personally has got it. We're not as careful as we should be I suppose, wife still shops, I like to stay home anyhow, work 1 or 2 days a week, and she works pretty much full time. Guess when my numbers up it's up. Not letting the media get me worked up too much although I did blow the dust off my AR 15 and loaded 7 1911 mags. Won't be easy for em to take my TP or my Sears Roebuck catalog.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."