Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

GLAD THEY ARE OK. WOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT SOMEONE COMING TO TAKE YOUR TP THOUGH..
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not letting the media get me worked up too much although I did blow the dust off my AR 15 and loaded 7 1911 mags. Won't be easy for em to take my TP or my Sears Roebuck catalog.
    Feels good don’t it. I have stuff staged around and within reach to protect my Sears catalog too. Of course my whole neighborhood is probably the same way. Only time the zombies come around is about 3am to check for unlocked cars to ramble through. They usually avoid my house though as I have motion lights and visible cameras everywhere. They tried once and I got them on camera and turned it over to the local Barney Fife. It was funny, one dude saw the camera after they started to ramble and his eyes about popped out of his head. He ducked down ran and his buddies took off right behind him. By then they were on candid camera.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Went to pick up some refills of meds for the wife today at Ft. Carson. Went last Thursday to do it but the line was ridiculous. Today, they weren't letting people in to go to the pharmacy but had a "drive through" to pick them up. I didn't mind as it was much quicker than what it was before all this mess cropped up.

Got back to the house only to find out I have to go back tomorrow. They still have the drive through in the back parking lot but now they are assigning time slots for folks.

Did stop off at the grocery store on the way home, and at least the folks who have been buying everything sight have stopped. Found everything on the list with the exception of American cheese.

We've had a drive thru pharmacy for a couple weeks now. We don't have to go often. It is kind of a zoo.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Had to use the drive thru at the pharmacy myself today. That's only my second time ever. It went well, overall. I would have preferred to have gone in, assuming no virus outbreak.

I had to get a cyst removed from my back today at the dermatologist. He wanted me to lie on my stomach but paid no mind to my removing my speed loader and Slim Loader pouch, and laying those in the chair by the table. No mind paid when I put those back onto my belt even though I wore a tucked in tee shirt and no cover garment.

Not much going on otherwise......I discovered how the local mall parking lot would be great for running laps or riding laps on my bike due to so few stores being open.

Dad doing much better with the handwashing and other virus-related cleanliness protocols. He is however, spending a lot of time with the neighbor who has too many teenagers over (friends of his grandson) for my liking. I don't think I can have much impact there though.

I guess I should have said that the pharmacy is inside the hospital on Ft. Carson. The "drive through" is they park you, find out what you are there for, run inside (or walk rather), get your meds and bring them to your vehicle.

Yesterday, there were only two cars in front of me before we were told were to park. Took about 20 minutes for them to get the drugs to me from the time I parked, and only a couple of minutes to park. Today, I would guess 25-30 vehicles in front of me. Took about 20 minutes to park and maybe five minutes to get the drugs to me. Not sure which is better, but at least they are playing it safe. I think they have 4-5 cases on the base right now.

Just saw on the news that the USS Roosevelt has almost 200 cases and they are underway at the moment. One of the ships I was on got hit hard by the flu while we were underway. Just manning all of the watches on board became almost impossible. I was one of the last ones to get it, but I kept standing my watches as there were not enough folks qualified to keep the fires burning and the screws turning.

Not sure I'd like that set up. Here I park next to the window, get out, and walk up to the window wearing my grinding shield. Yesterday it was very windy and they had on their masks, so I left my shield in the car. Any spit I shot out would have been blown away from the building.

Did you realize that if you place one of your testicles on the opening of a coke bottle, warm the bottle in hot water then pack the bottle in ice, the result is the creation of a suction that will suck your testicle into the bottle? Really.
    If anyone has tried this and knows how to get it out, please call me right away. Please !
    ( Asking for a Friend )
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Did you realize that if you place one of your testicles on the opening of a coke bottle, warm the bottle in hot water then pack the bottle in ice, the result is the creation of a suction that will suck your testicle into the bottle? Really.
    If anyone has tried this and knows how to get it out, please call me right away. Please !
    ( Asking for a Friend )
    I had that happen once, but it was one of the wide-mouth bottles. Cold temperatures and the problem corrects itself.

Gosh, I never noticed that in all the times I've done it.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101