Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How are YOU and your FAMILY holding up under the strain?

This is the longest something made in China has ever lasted.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Ain’t that the truth!

I am pocket carrying my LCP or CT380 all day now.
    If we go out to CVS or to pick up curbside groceries my SP101 is in a handy dashboard compartment right over the gearshift knob.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Ain’t that the truth!

I am pocket carrying my LCP or CT380 all day now.
    If we go out to CVS or to pick up curbside groceries my SP101 is in a handy dashboard compartment right over the gearshift knob.
    Are you carrying more just because of what's going on now or just enjoying your Rugers?

Yesterday was an open carry day for me. I generally open carry when mowing. If you open carry and no one is outside to see it, does your rig even reflect light?

In today's world I never open carry....the sheep would be in panic mode calling the police.
    Legal as it is, it is not worth the hassle it generates.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Sad you live in such a place. Where I am open carry is alive, well, and growing. Better still, more and more use a retention holster, although generally it's a Serpa

Two stores whose leadership recently banned open carry, ignore the order and open carry still occurs.

There is a gas station where the clerk open carries every shift, on request by the station owner. I spoke with the man about it. He said "the meth heads stopped robbing us and now rob the gas station across the road." I asked the station across the road, they agreed that is what happens.

Not so bad here....we don't have meth heads robbing gas stations.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

In my opinion, open carry is just a signal you have something to steal and retention holsters scare the crap out of me, especially the Sherpa's.
    Pocket carry offers me the most easily concealed and fastest with AWIB coming in a close second. When I was working, I always had my 340PD or my PM9 in a front pocket holster with my hand in my pocket more than not.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Are you carrying more just because of what's going on now or just enjoying your Rugers?

Yesterday was an open carry day for me. I generally open carry when mowing. If you open carry and no one is outside to see it, does your rig even reflect light?
    Living in a historically safe suburb, I only pocket carried when leaving the house to go out shopping/traveling.
    Recently there have been two cases of perps walking around the neighborhood at night to break into vehicles, and during the day looking to get in houses -occupied or not. Am surprised nobody has shot one of them yet.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Living in a historically safe suburb, I only pocket carried when leaving the house to go out shopping/traveling.
    Recently there have been two cases of perps walking around the neighborhood at night to break into vehicles, and during the day looking to get in houses -occupied or not. Am surprised nobody has shot one of them yet.
    Break-ins have been increasing in WV since the pill epidemic started. Yes, I suspect that more and more, unlicensed trash collection and dumping to occur without official involvement.

I live in 2 different worlds. My main home is in a suburb of a large city. Population of about 70,000. Lots of alleys. Crank heads, thieves, drunks, wife beaters, sex offenders, you name it, we've got it. In fact, I actually think that crime has gone down recently. No one stumbling down the sidewalk. No traffic, and it seems as if the lowlifes are even staying home. I ALWAYS have a firearm with me, no matter what I am doing. My other home up nort is outside of a village of about 800 pop. I don't open carry in the city, but I can open carry up nort without much fanfare. There's a guy up there who comes in to the Kwik Trip with something that has a 12" barrel strapped to his leg. Usually doesn't even get much notice. My area is peaceful and quiet, you barely ever see any neighbors or vehicles around, but you have to watch for 4 legged creatures. They're also experiencing drug problems in the smaller towns which accounts for the needed idiot watch. 99% of the time I conceal carry. I'd rather keep em guessing. I OWB but it's usually under something, sweatshirt, coat, t shirt etc. It's been open carry here forever but it's not always the wisest thing IMHO. I use these to stay safe.......................
    Attached Images Attached Images