Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Greetings from North Idaho

Red face Greetings from North Idaho

Proud owner of a Kahr K9 that I purchased used in 2002. When I first laid eyes on the K9 in 1995 I knew I'd eventually own one. I've never regretted that purchase (which I certainly can't say for other pistols in my safe).

I'm always surprised that more people aren't aware of Kahr firearms. I was in a local sporting goods store yesterday and noticed they had a new K9 (black stainless) on "clearance" for around $630. I was very tempted to pick it up.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome from Michigan. You'll enjoy it here. Love my K9. (and my CM9, P380, CW380)

I first heard of the Kahr in an issue of the magazine Concealed Carry about 1995. It was about 2000 that I bought my first Kahr handgun, an E9 I came across in a small gun store I frequented then. The grip was just perfect......I even had a dream about the handgun! I think it was the day after the dream I went in there and bought it.

However, because of the perceived "need" of a very lightweight handgun, I bought the Kahr P9 Covert and sold the E9.

In the last few months though, I have realized I might better control my flinch if I went back to an all-steel handgun and since I often carry a revolver, I wanted a trigger like a double-action revolver. So I found a used K9 on Gunbroker and bought it.

So like you, I hope to be carrying my K9 soon.

There are good deals on used K9's online, Gunbroker has a couple of very attractive deals that if I had it to do over, I would have waited and gotten either of those over the one I bought.

Welcome Cotay! Ask away if you need anything. Lot of great, helpful folks here!

Welcome.