CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK and Beretta For Sale (I can't buy them all myself ya know?)

Default HK and Beretta For Sale (I can't buy them all myself ya know?)

A Sgt at work brought in some guns for me to help him sell. Not sure why, I'm not a gun salesman, I'm a gun buyer, guess he figured I'd buy them. I did buy two.

Anyhow he has a Beretta Elite II Brigadier, this is a 40 caliber, has three magazines (I can probably find a couple more), a Galco holster. I don't have a box for it. It has a set of my grips as well as the factory plastic ones.
    This model was only made for 3 years and was our duty gun prior to switching to Glocks. It's in good shape, typical cop gun carried much shot little but shows very little wear.
    He's looking for $550 for this one. I'm sure he's a bit flexible. Hard to put a value on it, not many comparisons.

The second gun is a HK P2000 also in 40 caliber. I know very little about HK's. This one seems like DA, it has second strike capability.
    It cleaned up real nice and also shows very little wear.
    It has two magazines, a holster and does have the box.
    We're putting this one at 500, also flexible and please help if you think I'm way low or way high, compared to what I could find it seems like a fair starting point.

If interested I will jump out of the middle man position and put you in contact with the owner. If you want to haggle and I always encourage haggling I'll share offers with him and see what shakes out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

PM sent.

The Beretta is spoken for but the HK is still available.

The guy is flexible so throw offers as me and I'll deflect them his way.

I know we got some HK fans out there, one brand I have next to zero experience with.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quick questions: Night sights on the H&K? Estimated rounds fired?

I'll have to look tomorrow, I don't think night sights but maybe. I'd guess very few rounds through it. He bought it when he graduated police academy and never qualified with it with us his first agency, so he didn't carry it off duty or on.

I'll ask to confirm but I bet it don't have 200 through it. But again I'll confirm.

Wait, it's here at home, thought it was at work. I don't think they are night sights, look like nicely poured some kind of resin, may have glowed at one time but they don't seem to now.
    I think he bought it in 2006 and been pretty much sitting ever since.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thanks. One of my H&Ks has the light-activated night sight (hit 'em with a flashlight and they glow for a while)...could be those.

I'll wait for your confirmation regarding the round count.

(No idea where I'm gonna find $500, but that's another day's worry!)

Thanks....

I was correct, he thinks about 200 certainly not over 500 rounds through it.
    When I cleaned it up it did not appear to have much shooting wear but of course it's often hard to tell.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thanks, Bawanna.

Let me see if I can put some $$$ together for this. I've wanted one of these for a while, but my gun budget is a bit low right now. I'll let you know....

Just speaking with the owner of the HK, he said when it was purchased they told him it had some sort of special trigger, LEM or something like that.
    Supposedly a little lighter and smoother. It's good. I don't know much about HK's myself.

Maybe somebody will know what he's talking about.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Just speaking with the owner of the HK, he said when it was purchased they told him it had some sort of special trigger, LEM or something like that.
    Supposedly a little lighter and smoother. It's good. I don't know much about HK's myself.

Maybe somebody will know what he's talking about.
    FWIW, coming from a non-gunsmith (but one who does own two LEM H&Ks), the mechanism presets the hammer about halfway through its travel when you rack the slide (or when another round is cycled into the chamber). So, in effect, the trigger only has to move the hammer through the latter part of its travel. The result is that the trigger has an initial pull with little or no resistance, and then a relatively short and light-ish (7-8 lb) pull before the hammer falls. You can also modify the V2 to a V1, which takes another pound or two off that pull.

If you like a traditional striker trigger, you may think this action is too long or "mushy." But for me, it is absolutely the best trigger on the market, combing the best of both worlds.