CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ignore setting

Nice

Just messin with ya ID. Forgive me........
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Would you rather he replied something else? Blocking people....SMH.
    It was literally the only time they posted. Completely noise

I keep thinking of getting a CZ75BD.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I keep thinking of getting a CZ75BD.
    My 75 & 97 are B models, the P-01 is decocker. I’m not enamored with the decocker. Don’t why some get excited they own a BD. To me it’s kind of dumb. I understand the concept, drop the hammer to half-cock, but why. If I’m dropping the hammer I want to fully drop it not sort of drop it. Yes the DA pull is less but not substantially less. With a B one can still half drop the hammer, just takes more care.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    My 75 & 97 are B models, the P-01 is decocker. I’m not enamored with the decocker. Don’t why some get excited they own a BD. To me it’s kind of dumb. I understand the concept, drop the hammer to half-cock, but why. If I’m dropping the hammer I want to fully drop it not sort of drop it. Yes the DA pull is less but not substantially less. With a B one can still half drop the hammer, just takes more care.
    Not to mention the B models are MUCH EASIER than the BD models to disassemble the sear cage. I like all my BD models for sure and have had them all apart and polished pieces but you have to hold your mouth just right if you’re going to break it down and get it back together even when it’s going good. And go ahead and build yourself a pistol stand to fit in the mag well. Then there’s that little bitty spring (I think it’s called the lifter spring)that’s like a human hair that will take off never to be found. Go ahead and call CGW and get them to send you a couple of them ($2 each) if your going to take it apart.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I could’ve gone on and on why I prefer the B over the BD, but I dislike typing long drawn out rants. The B trigger is a bit smoother, the entire sear cage pops out in one piece, easily disassembled, can be carried/fired four different ways. In the end it’s a CZ so that alone negates any and all negatives.

I'm still sorting out all the different CZ models and designations. I know I have to have one eventually, everybody tells me so. Got a hankering for the 97 but one of the others makes more sense I guess.
    The PCR or PSR?? never remember that one kind of sings to me but I'm still way confused.
    Not sure I want to go back to and switch back and forth between single action and SA/DA and I got zero use for DA only except in a Kahr of course which is a breed apart.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ok, I need some schoolin'.

I'm a fan of Ruger's P-series "DC" models, where the hammer is lowered all the way when you decock it, and there's no safety other than the long heavy DA trigger pull.

I could probably live with the P-series standard models (I've had them before) where the lever decocks, then is a safety lever. You can manually move that lever to "fire" and it's back to the long heavy DA pull.

I'd forgotten that the CZ75 has that more complex system. I like guns to be simple.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

My H&K has a decocker with no safety. I prefer this firing system. I prefer hammers. I prefer da/sa. Don't need no stinkin safety. Like to have the option of dropping the hammer safely when/while adrenaline is pumping, and the action is over...…………………….also like to be able to put a thumb over the hammer when reholstering. Avoids holstering mishaps. I like the "DC" system myself. I'm also a fan of Beretta's(surprise) 92 series which has the decocker safety option, which I am also accustomed to. I prefer no safety, but I never use/used it on a Beretta anyway. I don't find CZ's to be any more complicated...………………………………………..all of the 75's have firing pin blocks. You can carry them cocked and locked but you have to manually lower the hammer for double action.

Our last Beretta's before they went to Glocks (not my idea) were 96G's. They had a decocker and then went right back to DA for the first shot. The 92's were safety decock, so you had to decock and then push the lever up to fire DA first round.
    Some officers automatically pushed it off safe as a habit, some left the safety on, so training wise everyone was trained to push the safety up to fire, weather it was on or not.
    Unlike the 1911 where the safety is a natural and easy movement, the 92 and 96 were contrary to me. I liked them, don't get me wrong, I spent 3 days in a class learning how to take them apart, two days of which were probably hunting for flying springs.
    I preferred the decock only myself given that platform.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan