Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore setting

Default Ignore setting

First time using the “ Ignore” setting and I love it. No need to ask why.

OK, I’m stupid. Where is the ignore setting? I don’t see it on my tablet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

yqtszhj, it’s in your “settings“ within your account preferences.

Also, thanks again for the pict. of your p-01. I just had to purchase one and WOW! What a great pistol, even though it’s only 9mm. Wish it was offered in 45, but it is what it is.

I assume it's a way to block messages or replies from certain members. If I am correct, it's a way to insulate oneself from ideas that person cannot handle or spare them from debates that person cannot win.

That is, if I am correct.

Myself, I know that only through robust debate can I either become more founded in my position (from having to explain it) or I learn that I am wrong and have to change in order to become a better person.

So, is that what the "ignore" setting does?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    yqtszhj, it’s in your “settings“ within your account preferences.

Also, thanks again for the pict. of your p-01. I just had to purchase one and WOW! What a great pistol, even though it’s only 9mm. Wish it was offered in 45, but it is what it is.
    Anytime I can help just let me know...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    I assume it's a way to block messages or replies from certain members. If I am correct, it's a way to insulate oneself from ideas that person cannot handle or spare them from debates that person cannot win.

That is, if I am correct.

Myself, I know that only through robust debate can I either become more founded in my position (from having to explain it) or I learn that I am wrong and have to change in order to become a better person.

So, is that what the "ignore" setting does?
    Or it could be like it’s like a “Stupid” filter, blocking out what one would consider “Stupid” which this great country lets each person determine the definition of themselves.

Example: Before my dad died he had a heart problem so knowing what stressed his heart he decided he would put parental block on the MSNBC channel so when he was channel surfing western movies and Star Trek he wouldn’t accidentally run across the face of someone on MSNBC that he considered stupid. Now, of course he had the code to unlock it but he didn’t have to risk seeing it. Plus if the MSNBC folks thought his ideas were stupid he’d never have to know because they weren’t allowed in his house.

He had a heart attack and died in his kitchen just like he said he would and left no one the code to unblock MSNBC. That was good estate planning I would say to protect the minds of those he left behind.... YMMV

Visit here:

A person certainly has a right to "ignore" people but I don't think it's a healthy thing for that individual or for society. Whenever a person isolates themselves from dissent they also isolate themselves from new ideas and any criticism to bad ideas of their own.

More and more, people are locking themselves away into a virtual "house of mirrors" where they are safe from ideas they don't like. Hate speech legislation is a natural result of that mentality. Our divided and hate-for-those-that-disagree society is another result. The nation cannot go on like that and it will fail.

One of my closest friends is a self-described "Soviet-style communist." Most of what he says is very anti-freedom but I still like the guy. He's a very caring and educated person that has had a great impact on my life. I don't think he's "stupid" and I haven't cut him off because I don't like his ideas. If anything, concerning his thoughts on govt. controlled industry, he has made me more of a libertarian and thus, helped me in that way also.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Or it could be like it’s like a “Stupid” filter, blocking out what one would consider “Stupid” which this great country lets each person determine the definition of themselves.

Example: Before my dad died he had a heart problem so knowing what stressed his heart he decided he would put parental block on the MSNBC channel so when he was channel surfing western movies and Star Trek he wouldn’t accidentally run across the face of someone on MSNBC that he considered stupid. Now, of course he had the code to unlock it but he didn’t have to risk seeing it. Plus if the MSNBC folks thought his ideas were stupid he’d never have to know because they weren’t allowed in his house.

He had a heart attack and died in his kitchen just like he said he would and left no one the code to unblock MSNBC. That was good estate planning I would say to protect the minds of those he left behind.... YMMV
    LMAO, he was my kinda guy.

Turtles, "ignore" hides posts by people you decide you don't want to see, but if someone quotes that post you can see it anyway, so it kinda half works. It's a good blood-pressure tool for some of us.
    A corrupt government tends to be well protected by a thin white line of bureaucracy.

Why do people on this site need blood pressure tools? Is this site that controversial?

QUOTE=yqtszhj;413638]Anytime I can help just let me know... [/QUOTE]

Next time I’m in the market for my fourth CZ, I’ll contact you to help spend my cash. After all I give you the credit for my CZ addiction.

The freedom of speech is in part what makes America Great but so does the freedom to ignore.