Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you store your ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    How do you store your ammo?
    I use .50 cal Army surplus ammo cans. (Midway USA is just up the street from me, and these ammo cans in very good condition are usually available from them at very reasonable prices.)

I purchase pistol ammo from Target Sports USA a case at a time (to get the free S&H), usually purchasing a new case in a given caliber when my current supply in that caliber gets down to half a case. So, I use two .50 cal ammo cans for every caliber. Overflow goes in a .30 cal ammo can for each pistol caliber. My pistols shoot .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and 9mm Luger--so, six .50 cal and three .30 cal ammo cans for me.

I don't really "store" my ammo per se (in the sense of squirreling it away). This is simply how I "keep" it as I use it up.

rx7sig
    Last edited by rx7sig; 04-03-2020 at 09:57 PM.

I lost all my ammo in the same avalanche that took all my firearms.

Prior to that, I had all shotgun shells in one steel, lockable cabinet and long gun/hand gun ammo in another same type cabinet, both bolted to the floor and wall, in a closet. Kept some hand in the gun safe on the top shelf. No desiccant in the cabinets, pretty dry here year round, and a golden rod (I think that is what its called) in the gun safe.

I can't say how much I had before it all got swept away, I can barely count up to 20. I know it was more than 20, though!

Accidents involving the loss of firearms and ammo are common these days. Very sad.>

I like the idea rx7 of "2 .50 cal boxes and overflow into .30 cal box" so I may copy that.

Target Sports has free shipping? I may latch onto that if (later on) they carry the loads my tools like.